non-scale goals and achievements

• Hi Peeps.

I could have sworn we had a thread like this once upon a time, but I can't find it.

Anyway, I thought it might be nice to sometimes not focus so much on the numbers but on, for example, being able to climb the big hill in your town without having to stop for breath or wear non-sneaker shoes to a party without your feet taking revenge or what have you.

Soooooo.

My non-scale achievement:

I can put my trousers on one leg at a time without falling over!

And the rest of you?
  • I haven't had many today, but certainly declining dessert and offers of candy for dessert count as NSV's for me. I've gone 2 weeks without eating baked goods, candy, or other kinds of sweets of a dessert nature - sticking with fruit instead if I have a craving for something sweet. It's tough to decline initially - also tough to bake for family and not have any myself - but I've been doing it!
  • Yep, that is a tough one. Well done keeping away from the pastries!
  • My Non Scale victory would be actually working out at home! For me that is a big one. It's different when you go to the gym but actually doing a workout at home for me is a big deal.
  • Great job, Campana! I went to the gym for 30 minutes, because that's all I had time for this morning (daughter calling me because she needed the car). At least I did 30 and not 0!
  • 30 is way better than zero, Guac!
  • I can touch the floor! I can touch the floor! Soon I'll be able to put the palms of my hands flat on the floor! That's me, fat and flexible.
  • MajicSusan, your post made me smile!
    Can I join team Fat & Flexible?
    I always thought I should measure my arms to see if they are the same length as my legs, because I've always been fairly flexible that way. LOL
  • Youbetcha! Welcome to the team, veggiedawg! There is such a thing as the ape index- have you ever checked where you lie on the continuum?
  • "Ape Index" Wow! I had never heard of that.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ape_index Of course, I Google it right away!

Is there also an index for when your butt and stomach are similar in size? Just kidding---I don't want to know! ((cringe))
  • I looked at the ape index, and let's just say, I should be waaaay into rock climbing. I should be, but I'm not. What a waste.

ooo ooo ooo aaah aaah aaah
  • Lol. Have you seen the dinosaur in toy story? That's me.
  • Okay, here's a non-scale goal:

I want to be able to go jogging without hearing my fat. Something- I think it's my panus, goes slap slap slap slap when I run and I am so looking forward to never hearing that sound again!
  • Being able to overcome the cravings for sweets. I still sometimes would like to be able to a small bite of something or incorporate breads (I'm doing low carb), but the desire really isn't there much.

My sons' birthdays were last week so I was just trying to monitor my caloric intake and activity, but I felt horrible (and this was with adding tons of fruits and veggies that I've been restricting myself from due to the carbs). Now that I switched back, I feel so much better already and I honestly am not wanting the junk foods that I used to love.
  • Good for you Tet!