Food Scales

• Is it better to weigh on food scales? I need to get one anyone have any ideas which are good? Also is it best to do by ounces or what?

DON'T GIVE UP, DON'T EVER GIVE UP! (Jimmy V)
  • I like weigh out certain things like meat or snacks that give you vague number (like when they say you can 38-ish for a serving) but a clear weight. I don't know what type of scale I had (I accidentally broke it after knocking it off the counter) but it had a little switch on the bottom that would switch it between ounces and grams. I think most have that function but if not the general rule is about 28g-30g is equal to 1oz.
  • Quote: Is it better to weigh on food scales? I need to get one anyone have any ideas which are good? Also is it best to do by ounces or what?
    SO helpful! Sometimes it's really hard to visualize exactly what one ounce of something is. I was eating way more chips and salty things because I had no idea how much I was eating. You can get a cheap scale on Amazon for, like, 8 bucks. I definitely recommend it.
  • They are very good. Don't get the $20 Taylor at Costco. It is a piece of garbage with a lot of drift. I have had other scales before cheaper and much better.
  • If you're measuring your intake, weighing is the way to go. It can be significantly more precise than measuring by volume (i.e, by cup or tablespoon, etc). For weighing food, I've read that grams is the most accurate.

I use the EatSmart scale. $20. I've had it for years, and it works great. I'd def recommend it to anyone who wants a food scale.
    https://www.amazon.com/EatSmart-Prec...+kitchen+scale

$20 is shown as the sale price. My order history shows that back when I bought it in 2013, it cost $25.