DOMS and waterweight

• Out of curiosity - do people generally experience slight peaking of weight within a day or two after some serious strength training?

I'm asking because I've lately taken up an old hobby of mine - I go bouldering about once a week (would go more often but currently it's not financially possible). Now I've started to wonder, if my weight peaks a bit about 24+ hours after a good bouldering session. I do get the usual DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) as my body is still adjusting and I tend to push it quite a bit (not too much thouh, I'm not a fan of injuries ), but I don't have enough data yet to say if it's related to the DOMS.

I know it's not a big deal, just a number on the scale and if it's water it goes away anyway, but I like to know my body, I think it seriously helps my weight loss/management.
  • Anytime I have DOMs, I have a temporary spike on the scale. In fact, most times I have any type of inflammation, stiffness, bruising, etc. I'll have a temporary gain. It's water. Keep going on with what you're doing.
  • Thank you Moving Forward! I needed to hear that and seems like you're right as well. I'll do exactly that.