297: Bale of Turtles Feeling Great1

You're on Page 3 of 5
Go to
  • Morning turtles

Thankful most of the storm missed us - we got some freezing drizzle & calling for abit of snow today, but nothing major.

Judy - maybe you can tell me. One of the girls from work just joined ww & she bought me the new calculator for smart points & I am wondering why they no longer count carbs in
    the new point system? That seems crazy to me. I know they are counting the sugars which is new, but no carbs?

I have my weigh in at Tops tonight & hoping to be down. Went to bulk barn and bought things to make my own granola, so will do that over the weekend. Also I made
    some healthier pancakes & they turned out pretty good. Abit hard to flip but overall a keeper for breakfast ideas.

All - wishing you luck at the scales & if anyone has any new recipes/ideas for changing menus that would be great.

Gail
  • I don't know why they aren't counting carbs. They are focusing on saturated fats and sugars as the least healthy foods that we should avoid.
    I'll see if I can get an answere.
    Good luck a t your WI! : and Weigh to go.
    Judy
    Ihad a better day today. Not perfect, but better so that's a good thing.
    Itryharder
    234.6/?/170 and thinner
  • Morning turtles

Judy - thanks, would be appreciated if you could find out.

I had my Tops weigh in Thurs evening & was down 1.75# so was happy with that. My granola turned out really good - expensive to make but since you don't eat a lot at one
    should last awhile.

Got in a few walks again and bought myself a Fitbit, so will get that out & working. I think most people try to walk 10,000 steps/day which seems a lot to me, but will
    see how it goes.

Anyone else using one of those?

Have a good week

Gail
  • Gail, I've had a stupid stomach bug so I haven't been here.
    so glad you had such a great wI. : Keep up the good work. I can feel that you're on a roll and will hit your goals. Keep on keepin' on.
    Judy
    Itryharder
    235.6/176/170 and thinner
  • Hi turtles

Judy - I hope you feel better soon.

Weather up here has been on the warmer side for us, so liking that.

Got in a few more walks & watching my menu as well. So all good.

All - good luck at the scales & chime in when you can

Gail
  • Gail, I wish the gals would start chiming in again, but at least we've got each other.
    I'm feeling fine now. Got a lot of work done around the house. WI should be good tomorrow.
    Glad you're getting in. Doesn't it make you feel proud?
    Have another good week and keep up the good work.
    JUdy
    Itryharder
    234.6/?/170 and thinner
  • Hi Turtles - Weather warming up, but rain is coming but at least it is not freezing rain, so thankful for that.

Been staying on plan really well lately & getting use to my fitbit and actually reached 10,000 steps both days on weekend. During week it is harder with having an office job, but it
    at least makes you more aware and make better choices.

Judy - glad you are feeling better & was wondering if you found out about the carb thing with weight watchers? I am thinking with focussing on fats/sugars they have to leave something out.

Anyway, hope all you turtles are doing great, losing weight & chime in when you get a chance.

Have a good one!
  • The one thing I know our leader said was that they couldn't count in everything and make their hand held calculators work.............too much input. they are really concentrating of added sugars. It seems to be working nicely for the people who can stick with it. Several members have gone "cold turkey" by cutting out all sugar treats (not fruit) and they find it easier. I'm afraid I don't know any more than that .

Gail, you seem to be doing great. Keep up the good work.
    I haven't been to a meeting in a bit. This wed. I went to see the broadway show Beautiful. last week I was sick. Week before that i had to baby sit my granddaughyter.

Talk soon. St. Pat's treats are here!
    Judy
  • Carbs are included as part of calories. Basically the way the formula works is that for things that aren't sat. fat, sugar, or protein there are basically 3 SP per 100 calories. Because calories are included in the formula things like overall carbs and overall fat are included but carbs that aren't sugar aren't disadvantaged under the formula just like fat that isn't saturated isn't disadvantaged under the formula.
  • Thanks Judy & Koshka
  • Oh, so glad Koshka explained this because I really coul dn't. Trying hard here and at least I've stopped the gain. Glad to see you both posting.
    : to all the turtles.
    Judy
    Itryharder
    234.6/?/170 and thinner
  • Morning turtles - glad to hear from you.

We all went for a walk along the creek behind our house (my dd & her partner, both grandsons, me and our big dog Kuba) before supper so that was nice. It it still cold here but no snow, so very brisk but felt good. My dinner was on plan (stuffed chicken breast, red cabbage, and fried radishes) So first time for fried radishes in butter & they were pretty good. I think it is a substitute for fried potatoes - will make again.

Loving my fitbit - it keeps track of everything if you set it up properly. For now, mine is tracking my steps (and miles) my sleep patterns. Also you can add friends & you can all see each other progress - abit of motivation for sure.

All - hope your scale goes down this week.
    Gail
  • Glad your fitbit is working out so well, Gail. :treadmill:
    I went to my meeting for the first time in 4 weeks.......................all sorts of things happened, but I was happy to be back. I gained 2.2# in that time. Ooops wrong way.
    i have a good feeling that I am ready to track and get this weight off. I realize it's easy to do well for awhile and then slip......................not that unusual and I won't beat myse lf up, but I do fee l better thinner.
    talk soon.
    Hi to any Turtles checking in
    Judy
    Itryharder
    234.6/1???170 and thinner
  • Hi turtles - hope you are all doing well.

I was down 1.25# last Thurs at Tops, so heading in the right direction. Still on plan & getting in some walks, which all helps.

Woke up today to more snow & ice, so not too pleased with that, especially in April.
    But we have been lucky this winter, so shouldn't complain.

All- good luck at the scales & pop in when you can.
  • gail, you're doing great ! Keep up the good work.
    i am back from a vacation with my two sisters. We had a good time. Now I need to buckle down and eat the way I know I should

Good luck to all the turtles.
    Judy
    ITRYHARDER

234.6/?/170 AND THINNER :COOL: