Beck Diet For Life/Solution – December 2015 – Support, Discussion, Buddy/Coach

You're on Page 14 of 14
Go to
  • Thursday - New Year's Eve
    Diet Coaches/Buddies – Worked with the plumber, CREDIT moi, to replace the bathroom sink's faucet. The shutoff valves were rusted into uselessness so they had to be replaced also. Water is one destructive substance.

Walk, CREDIT moi, included three errands. I learned that a local book store has 20% off EVERYTHING in the store on New Year's Day. Alas, I'm scheduled for a bird walk and a concert, but I can dream.

onebyone – Yay for the decluttering that continues. You're doing a bunch. Negative thoughts seem the strongest when we're making progress.

Joy (gardenerjoy) – Hope the flooding has spared you guys.

Debbie (Lexxiss) – Neat that you take the time to appreciate that your yard work made it a pleasant place.

maryann - Using your phone to monitor your hunger sounds fun.

nationalparker – That ring sounds terrific. Enjoy it and fight off the Sabotaging Thoughts that you didn't get him anything.

Karen (karenrn) - LOL at a weight chart looking like a picket fence. Have a nice hike.

curlyjax - Sorting photos is an anvil hanging over my head also. Boxes and boxes of slides are hidden in the storage room. Kudos for getting started.

Readers -
    Quote:
    Chapter 3 Stress Traps

#3: The De-Stress with Food Trap

Greg's wife, Maria, was a terrific Italian cook. She loved fixing lasagna and ravioli, homemade breads and decadent desserts. Despite reading his advantages list and reminder cards just before he got in the car to drive home, Greg's determination faded by the time he hit the dinner table, and he was unable to eat his dinner slowly and mindfully.

"I just shovel it in," he admitted. "I know I shouldn't. I know that if I enjoy every bite, I probably won't eat as much. But it's just so hard to make myself slow down and think before I eat."

Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., Deborah Beck Busis, The Diet Trap Solution, Train Your Brain to Lose Weight and Keep It Off for Good (Blue book), pg. 57
  • hi coaches!
    quick check in as i overslept and need to get to work.
    I felt a tiny bit of hunger last night but didn't snack, credit.
    I did sort through two photo boxes and culled each by half. It is very hard emotionally and i keep thinking about the past, what I wished I had done, and people I lost track of or who have died. I think I was thinking about all that too late at night and was up in the middle of the night thinking about it all.
    Not the way to start the new year!

We have no plans tonight or tomorrow but usually there is some kind of new years day walk around, that would be nice to do. We're not planning to splurge on food anyhow,there has been enough of that!
    Onebyone-I can relate to what you're saying, the overwhelming ness of it all, and the difficulty of managing in a small place. The good thing about getting rid of stuff though is once its gone, its gone, and I bet you will see the difference little by little. We are all cheering you on!
    Bill- just think of the money you are saving by avoiding that sale! I know, book sales especially are hard to resist!
  • Quick check in for me too. I'm heading out for an 8+ mile hike with a group and Hiking Suzanne. Should be good. Then home and get things ready for a party at our house which will be very informal thank goodness.

Food within calories even though plans Changed yesterday. We went out for dinner to a local Thai place and ordered little, but enough, credit. I'm still about 1/2 pound up thru the holidays and I'm not sure I can get it off by tomorrow. It depends on how I do tonight. My plan is to focus on visiting, not food. If I'm up slightly through the holidays my plan is to not beat myself up for it and know it will come off soon.

Happy New Year to all of you!
  • horror. so mad at myself.
    Coaches

So DH and I loaded the garbage bags into the car. I remembered I could dump them in the studio dumpster when I went there today to pay my studio rent. And as I was about to head out the door I couldn't/can't find my wallet. OMG. I have looked everywhere. I can't drive without my wallet with my driver's licence in it. I sent DH off to work with the bags in the car and now I am in a semi-panic wondering where the wallet is. It's not anywhere it should or could be. Not yet. Is this resistance? is this something to throw me off today? Something to make me question why I ever started or tried to do this thing? It's certainly prevented me from moving forward today and now I am wondering if I a) threw it out by mistake b) really did leave it somewhere but I don't think so, but when I am distracted, and a major clean up like this for me is distracting, so I could have simply put it down somewhere which is what I did do as I didn't put it back *shudder* or c) it's in one of these boxes I just packed up.
    Really?
    Do I have to now open all my new boxes and look? Really? OMG. I'm not calling and cancelling all my cards just yet. I will have to do everything I can before I do that.

I'm not going to eat over this. I had a good breakfast. I have made coffee to sip on right now, and I will just take my time and look again in the familiar places and then onto the other areas if it doesn't show.

UPDATE: I found my wallet in a box I just packed. OMG Coaches. Now the box did say "stuff to use in the next 10 days" so at least it was in a top priority box. And the box was small but holy cow. Oh well. I am moving on. I have decided to simply empty into a garbage bag the one box that says "I don't know if I want this". Out out out. The less stuff I have, the easier it will be to find my wallet in the future.
  • onebyone: so glad you found your wallet! Thanks for the update.

BillBlueEyes: we live on a hill and ended up with just a bit of seepage in the basement and garage. Totally not complaining since I have friends who can't get from their houses to their jobs right now. Fortunately, many of them had this week off.

I'm still struggling and don't seem to even be willing to talk to my coaches about it. But, here I am, posting. And, I'll be back tomorrow to start my new year right with all of you -- there is no place that I want to be more than here.
  • Phone check in. Beautiful here at the ocean. I have been on the hunger experiment since breakfast. I feel the insecurity of not having the freedom to snack especially in a vacation house filled with snack food. I also feel the low grade anxiety that follows me most days. I know I use food to self medicate. I am glad to be on this path. I want a new way of managing myself. The clock really helps. I look at it and say "Time will pass whether I eat or not." Good resistance muscle training. I took a hike today KarenRn would admire - hills up and down to the shore. It was slow but nothing hurt.
    Good day.
  • Discussion continues on the January 2016 Thread
    Please join us as this discussion continues on:
    You can find the list of previous (or more current) monthly Beck threads here on 3 Fat Chicks via:.