Ideal Protein.. HELP ! Gained 2 lbs overnight and didnt cheat.

• Hey guys

Feeling really discouraged this morning. I was hoping to wake up and be at my -10 lb weightloss but actually gain 1.6 of a lb. I did not have any cheats yesterday, had all my food/water and vitamins/oil and salt, I also had a bowel movement. I was travelling after work yesterday and didnt pack food so was without food for about 4 hours but I did have a few extra BBQ crisps that were extra from a bag a few days before. Do you think eating a extra handful of crisps would make me gain weight because i had extra carbs the supposed to ? Also another thing im thinknig it would be is I usually have a bowel movement in the morning before I weigh in and this morning I did not, as well as I woke up at 530 AM and was eating my last meal till about 9-930PM lastnight so maybe my food wasnt fully digested? These are just ideas why I could be more if I didnt get off track, very discouraging and frusterating. Just need some advide. If anyone has any advice or ideas why this could be that would be great !! Thanks
  • Jenn - deep breath! The scale flux is normal.
    Was this your official weigh in with your coach?
    Also, I can only guess that you are Canadian since you don't mention Thanksgiving
    It take 3,000 extra calories to = 1 pound of true weight gain
    No, a couple BBQ crisps did not send the scale soaring
    If 9:30pm isn't your normal meal time, this could be the culprit
    You say you 'traveled after work' - plane? Travel can cause water retention.
    Also, your period / days leading up to can definitely cause an uptick in the scale - any chance of that being an issue?
    Sounds like you had a couple different changes yesterday - I almost guarantee if you go back to a normal pattern (ie, no travel, eating at your normal times) and its not TOM (time of the month) you will be pleased with the scale tomorrow morning.
  • Thanks for your reply Beth !! I didn’t actually make my weigh in this week as my schedule was all over the place so just been weighing at home. I was 135.7 since Wednesday so was really hoping I would be at 134 today to mark 10 lbs. Yes I am Canadian, no turkey for this girl lol I wish. The only things I did differently yesterday was I ate extra crisps due to being unprepared while I was on the road. As well as I usually eat my dinner at around 5-530 and I didn’t get to eat it till about 8-830 which pushed my snack being late as well so maybe that’s what caused this. Not TOM either.
  • I would bet that the small uptick was due to late meals and no BM. Or it could be that your body is just holding on to a little extra water. (2 cups water = 1 pound.) Try not to stress about it. As Beth said, scale flux is very normal and you have to focus on just a weekly or monthly downward trend.