colonscopy

• I am having a colonoscopy in three days and wonder how others have handled the day of clear liquids, not to mention the colon cleanse, before the procedure. I have been in OA about a year and abstinent for almost 5 months, and I want to have a plan as I go into this. I avoid sugar, flour and alcohol so I don't want to drink fruit juices, Gatorade, etc. It looks like I'll have to stick to clear, non-fat chicken broth, coffee, tea, and water. I am also nervous that the restrictive eating will push me into a binge or at least some crazy thinking. Please share how you handled this successfully.
  • you can drink as much clear liquid as you like, eat jello and clear icepops. My dad had to have one of these and his doc suggested he freeze apple juice (clear no bits) into icecubes and fill his boots with them because they take a while to dissolve in the mouth. Is it a morning or afternoon appointment?
  • I remember being so bloated from the colon cleanse that I don't think I was that hungry. My doctor's instructions said I could add Crystal Light to the cleanse, so it would be tolerable. You must refrain from anything that has red, purple, or orange dye in it. I did drink chicken broth and eat lime and lemon jello. You can also buy sugar free popsicles, too.

Here is a good list: https://www1.ghc.org/html/public/spe...gy/colon-diet1
  • Thanks so much for everybody's suggestions!