Alternative Products that will work on Phase 1, Part 7

You're on Page 2 of 23
Go to
  • Yeah, I am thinking that I will save them for after IP. I only bought a couple to try since I never really liked them in the past. I don't want to love them so much that I will want one every day
  • If you're looking for savory crunch, protein pretzels are another alternative. I like them better than Quest chips. They're not as salty as real pretzels, but the texture is very close to the real thing.
  • Ro- have you ever tried mixing a scoop of chocolate and a scoop of PB to make cookies? I am going to try it tonight (since I am making my breakfast cookies to pack for work). I am hoping it tastes like a Reese's
  • Quote: If you're looking for savory crunch, protein pretzels are another alternative. I like them better than Quest chips. They're not as salty as real pretzels, but the texture is very close to the real thing.
    Hi HIS, pretzels sound good to me! Are the ones that you like by Weight Loss Systems? I'd like to try them on my next Nashua order.

http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store...ows-1-bag.html

Thanks!
  • Quote: Ro- have you ever tried mixing a scoop of chocolate and a scoop of PB to make cookies? I am going to try it tonight (since I am making my breakfast cookies to pack for work). I am hoping it tastes like a Reese's
    I have. They are good but unfortunately, the flavor is not as strong for me as I would have liked. A Reese's type flavor comes out having it more as a shake than as a cookie I have found. I haven't tried Amanda's idea of using PB2 to add more peanut butter flavor though as I try not to waver too far from protocol. I will definitely do that in P3 and beyond though.
  • Quote: Hi HIS, pretzels sound good to me! Are the ones that you like by Weight Loss Systems? I'd like to try them on my next Nashua order.

http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store...ows-1-bag.html

Thanks!
    Yep, those are the ones! I also got some from Diet Direct and they were just like the WLS pretzels.
  • Ok - today I mixed one scoop of Quest PB powder with one scoop of Proti Diet Maple & Brown Sugar Oatmeal, the one tsp of baking soda, 3 oz water.... And made 12 cookies...
    Here is the cookie sheet before baking.... I will show the finished cookies in another post - I can only seem to upload one photo in this post.

• Here are the baked cookies.... I think they taste great! Nutrient content for 6 cookies is:
    Calories 85
    Carbs 3 g
    Fiber 0.8 g
    Sugars 0.5 g
    Protein 16.5 g

• Quote: I have. They are good but unfortunately, the flavor is not as strong for me as I would have liked. A Reese's type flavor comes out having it more as a shake than as a cookie I have found. I haven't tried Amanda's idea of using PB2 to add more peanut butter flavor though as I try not to waver too far from protocol. I will definitely do that in P3 and beyond though.
    I agree. They were decent, but not what I was really hoping for. I also thought about adding some PB2 to the mix, but like you, I am trying to stay as strict as possible. I want to do this reboot as quickly as I can. But you are right, P3 and maintenance, I will FOR SURE try it with PB2.
  • OH, you know what would be good in P3 and beyond... instead of adding PB2 to the mix, spreading it on top!
  • Quote: OH, you know what would be good in P3 and beyond... instead of adding PB2 to the mix, spreading it on top!
    I was just getting ready to say that in response to your first post!

But, here is an idea that you can do now. In fact, I am going to do this today.
    Remember I told you how great the peanut butter pudding was and I think it was HereIStand said it was more like a frosting and that it would be better as a spread. Well, here is a thought for P1...
    The reason I liked it so much is it was the most intense peanut butter flavor I have had while being P1 compliant. The peanut butter flavor is intense and doesn't get washed out via baking or with more water as a shake.
    So, how about taking the peanut butter and making it as a pudding and making chocolate cookies and then after baking the cookies, put the peanut butter pudding in the middle of the cookie like a Reese's or spread it on top? You would have to make 2 cookies with the 1 scoop to equal 1 packet such that you would have 1 cookie from 1/2 scoop and 1 spread from 1/2 scoop to equal 1 packet.
    I think you could add a little less water to get it a little drier like the middle of a Reese's. I am going to play around with this.
  • Question - I just have samples of the Quest powder. I believe there are two scoops (1 suggested serving) in each sample. Can you tell me how much is in each quest scoop? 1 TBS...2??
  • Quote: Question - I just have samples of the Quest powder. I believe there are two scoops (1 suggested serving) in each sample. Can you tell me how much is in each quest scoop? 1 TBS...2??
    In the tubs, 1 scoop = 1 serving. I think your packet is one scoop, 1 serving. Mix with 8 oz water. Some people also like to add spinach and ice.
  • Quote: In the tubs, 1 scoop = 1 serving. I think your packet is one scoop, 1 serving. Mix with 8 oz water. Some people also like to add spinach and ice.
    Thanks HIS! Someone had told me there was two scoops, so I've only been using 1/2 the sample. No wonder I was starving at 11am this morning. Not my norm...
  • Quote: Thanks HIS! Someone had told me there was two scoops, so I've only been using 1/2 the sample. No wonder I was starving at 11am this morning. Not my norm...
    LOL, definitely use the whole sample. I found that adding the spinach made it even more filling. I can go about 3 hours before getting hungry.