Living Healthy for 2015 = Commitment, Attitude, Diet, and Exercise (LH=CADE) Part 3

You're on Page 5 of 13
Go to
  • Hi ladies,

Mid-week check-in here. This will, if I am lucky, just be another maintenance week. It suddenly got cold here and my family went into "comfort food" mode.

How is everyone doing?
  • Good morning ladies. Yesterday I knocked the cobwebs down in the horse barn, now I have a sore neck The older I get the harder it is to do things without feeling it the next day......

Yesterday:
    B - oatmeal with blueberries
    S - banana
    L - fried egg sandwich
    S - graham crackers
    D - barbecued chicken and red cabbage
  • I'm w you Renee. I get pains easier than before, especially sinus pains & earaches That's what I've felt w the cold rain for 2 days & nausea today.

Have a Happy end of the month girls
  • cals-1350 (200), ex-2 mile walk with DH.

My calories in () are for sweets and alcohol. In the past when I recorded those I seemed to do a little bit better controlling the total. It was a gorgeous day for a walk this afternoon. The trees are just changing down here. We are on our way to the mountains for a getaway with friends this weekend. I expect I will be overdoing it a bit tomorrow.

DB-Be extra careful around the comfort food!!!!! Love that stuff.

Renee-Must be using some new muscles I expect. Baby em til there better and then back at it-always with moderation of course. Hope your recovery is speedy.

Dee-Poor thing, hope you feel better soon.
  • Down .5 lbs. Not much, but in the right direction. I really need to get motivated to get some of this weight off...my knees and hips are giving me pain. I know it's from the extra weight I WILL do better this week! Have a great weekend everyone!

Yesterday:
    S - banana
    L - ham and cheese sandwich
    S - granola bar
    D - hamburger and baked beans
  • To aLL my friends here, We Can keep our weight down

It just takes eating 'Smarter' & having it b our Lifestyle. If anybody here watches the TV show Survivor; compare our daily 'Food traps' to their motto: Outwit... Outplay... Outlast... Win! Our prize isn't $1,000,000, it's better health & without good health, we are 'd-e-a-d'.

These are my winter go to snacks/meals for years. They've kept me from gaining weight, by eating/drinking them during the day or when I get cravings.

Hot tomato juice in a big mug w chili powder & either diced onion or mushrooms or bacon bits stirred in.

A bowl or mug w low sodium broth hot w whatever frozen veggies I have. Or toss a few croutons in a mug of hot broth.

Green spinach smoothie w fruit.

Hot drinks take away my hunger & cravings. A mug w half hot water & half apple juice or fruit nectar.

1 serving size of spaghetti salad/pasta loaded w veggies. A baked potato w tomato salsa or salsa Verde.

For my chocolate monster; I feed it 1 York Peppermint candy bar or I stir a peppermint stick in a mug of a healthy hot cocoa. I learned that the taste & smell of peppermint satisfies & curbs sugar cravings.

Coffee w a peppermint stick or a mug of hot water w a peppermint stick.

I hope that my go-to foods have given u some low calorie/low fat ideas to add to your food strategy

Dee
  • Dee - thanks for the tips. I'll give some of them a try.
    Beautiful Fall weather here. Not liking the time change....gets dark too early

Yesterday:
    S - banana
    L - hamburger
    S - granola bar
    D - pizza
  • Dee, those are some good ideas. I'll give the hot but watered down drink idea a try.

Maintenance week for me, but at least I didn't gain / regain.

Hope everyone is having a lovely autumn and had a safe Halloween last night!
  • Hi Ladies-Had a great time in North Georgia. I am not going to give the calories there another thought. It is a new month and I have great expectations for the weeks leading up to T-Day. I want to be good. Todays cals-1802 (300).

Renee-I agree extra weight takes a hit on the joints. No fun. Lets keep moving in the right direction and protect our mobility!

Dee-Thanks for the great tips. I find hot beverages to be very helpful, especially during these chilly seasons. I like hot tea myself-all kinds. Speaking of mint-peppermint tea is quite delicious.

DB-Congrats on maintaining! Good job.
  • Good morning ladies! Hope you all had a great weekend. Very nice mild weather here today so I think I will wash the outside windows. I bought a pole window cleaner so no more ladders

Yesterday:
    S - banana
    L - hamburger
    S - grapes
    D - barbecue and veggies
  • 70* here today & tomorrow high 60's till Friday, then fall is back on Saturday @ 50* & temps r back to normal wearing my winter jacket.

Terra, I drink tea also, mostly the herbal flavors

Renee, my windows could use a fresh wash...hint-hint. I'll make us a delish lunch Harness your horses & hop into your buggy & come over anytime.

I got my 26 miles walking Fitbit badge yesterday. I started walking 12 days ago & I'm happy w my daily routine. The only bad thing is walking down our country dirt road w all the ragweed & some of the vehicles don't slow down when they see me & my doggy on the road, Scary.

• cals-1744 (250). No exercise. I was not feeling up to par today but hopefully tomorrow I will be all better. I feel very good about my calorie totals the past few days. I plan to stay within that range at least during the week and close to it if possible on the weekend. I hope that makes a difference. I did not get the results I was hoping for last month. I am thinking that although my calorie totals were down from prior months, there was a lot of "bad" calories in there. I am not certain all calories are created equal so we will see what happens in the next few weeks. I don't expect anything drastic mind you-but I am thinking maybe a pound or two.

Renee-Let the sun shine in! Great way to burn up some calories and work some muscle.

Dee- Sorry about the rude drivers. Be careful out there. Good for you on earning the badge. Awesome!
  • Hi ladies Well, I got the windows all washed and now I can see outside

Dee I would love to come for lunch, but I think it would take a a few months to get there!

Today I'm making applesauce....love how it makes the house smell....

Yesterday:
    S - banana
    L - fried egg sandwich
    S - grapes
    D - meatloaf with veggies
  • Renee Now I trulyyyy know that we r sisters, 2 peas in a pod... Before I sold my home @ my divorce 20 yrs ago, I also made fresh applesauce We lived on just 4 acres, but I had a huge garden & 6 fruit trees, apple, pear & plum. I drove 17 miles to my friend's to exercise/ride & groom their horses while my 2 sons were @ school.

Yesterday my GoldenDoodle & I walked 2 1/2 miles. She needs to walk daily so she'll b in good health when she whelps her litter in about 6 weeks. When Sundae sees me put on my shoes now, since I began walking her w my Fitbit, she brings her leash to me.

Tera, Yes I agree with u, all calories r not created equal. That's why I don't count them & I only eat 1-2 servings of a food. I cook w half the salt in recipes & I use spices & herbs, also subbing fruit for unhealthy ingredients frequently, sugar etc. Years ago if I wanted to wear a smaller size, I counted calories & stayed below 1,800 & I read the saturated fat & sodium recommended & I ate half the amount. It takes a moment longer, but the results are wonderful looking how u want. The cocktails/alcohol I drink is low carb/calorie Skinny Girl brand by Bethany Frankel, or lite beer & wine. I hope u are feeling better today! I know that u will be down -2 pounds

TTFN
  • cals-1730(260) Ex-step class at the Y. Spot on!

Renee-My daughter loves to make applesauce also. I prefer my apples in pie or cobbler!

Dee-Wow,GoldenDoodles-how fun! I love poodle mixes although all of mine are the 15 pound variety. That's my last one in my avatar. She passed last year. I miss her. I am trying to be good with my cals and the what they are made up of. Three good days so far.

Keep your eyes on the prize girls!