Need ideas for pre-workout snack

• I am new to the SBD--trying to get rid of last 10 lbs after reaching plateau on WW.

I workout 6 days/week with a pretty high intesity. I am used to having some carbs prior to my workouts. I am only 2 days into the diet and feeling a need for something prior to the workout. My typical schedule is to workout after work but before dinner. (usually around 6:30pm)

any ideas>
    Thanks!
    spinchick
  • When you're in P1 you're choices are somewhat limited. Some ideas are turkey, ham or cheese slices (or slices of meat with cream cheese), hummus and veggies, hard-boiled eggs, cottage cheese with chopped veggies, roasted chick peas, celery with cream cheese or pb...
  • I found I had to cut back on my workouts during the first week or so...it took a bit to get my energy level back. When it did come back it was better than ever! So be patient with yourself and only do what you can manage.

I eat a quick, high protein snack before I work out, and it seems to help. It doesn't give you the same insulin burst that carbs do, but the energy is more "slow released"?

Good luck! I'm sure you'll do great!