Reintroducing myself

• Hey there all! Back in 2013 I lost 80# with the help of the wonderful people on this forum and also weight watchers. 2 kids and 50# later I am back to start working back towards my goal. I am currently 195# and hope to get down to 140#. If anyone has any advice on how to lose weight with kids I greatly appreciate the advice! I can't seem to get back on the wagon like I wish I could. Thanks!
  • Welcome back! I don't have kids, but I think the weight loss is the same, you just have so much less time to do it! You can figure out a way, though. Lots of people lose weight after kids. Good luck!
  • Hi Tehshort1, BACK! About the only tip I have for losing weight with kids is don't eat their leftovers. You know, what they can't finish on their plate and you don't want to go to waste, so instead of scraping it into the trashcan, you finish it off. I used to be terrible about that, especially with food like mac and cheese. I wish you the best!
  • Hi there.

One thing you have going for you is with younger kids, you can teach them early proper portion control and the fun of exercise. You can get them to do things with you too, I used to take mine to mommy and me exercise classes, but you can do the same things at home. if they are crawling, believe it or not, a great exercise IS crawling, so have fun crawling around with them, do some tush tighteners as you lay on the floor on your tummy, stacking building blocks and such. If you google "exercising with babies" lots of fun examples and workout plans pop up to help you find ideas.
  • Quote: Hey there all! Back in 2013 I lost 80# with the help of the wonderful people on this forum and also weight watchers. 2 kids and 50# later I am back to start working back towards my goal. I am currently 195# and hope to get down to 140#. If anyone has any advice on how to lose weight with kids I greatly appreciate the advice! I can't seem to get back on the wagon like I wish I could. Thanks!