Newby - Christmas Shape Up

• Hi all,

I know some of you may hate me mentioning Christmas in AUGUST!! ha but I want to give myself a realistic time period to lose about 20 lbs to get down to 140.

Would be fab if anyone was using Christmas parties and getting into glitzy cocktail dresses as motivation it would be good to keep each other motivated! I am aiming to just stick to healthy eating and regular exercise, no calorie counting as I am known to get a bit obsessive and a big thing is not consuming too much booze as this almost always affects my diet!

Excited to get to know the forum!
  • In the challenge forum, there is a thread about making a goal for Christmas. I don't think I can post the link yet, but look for it and you will find it. Join in!
  • Hi emski87! Glad you've joined us! I believe this is a link to the Christmas Challenge that LesGetFit was talking about: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chic...challenge.html. Good luck!
  • Thanks both that's exactly what I am going to do! Had a bit of a shock when I stepped on the scales this morning so no time like the present!!
  • hi emski, I had not even thought about Christmas and cocktail dresses etc...

you have just given me some extra motivation. Thanks! and welcome.
  • Thanks CheesecakeBrownie (love the name!) - yeah I am thinking treating myself to a new dress for our Works Christmas party will be a lot more fun if I am a few pounds lighter so that's my motivation too and its fairly realistic with it being over 3 months away!

Just got my boyfriend to take some 'before' pics too so I can use those and not just the scale - was very uncomfortable as I have not been watching my diet for the past few weeks so that was even MORE motivation as I don't want to feel like that again!

Hopefully see you in the Christmas thread I posted my SW this morning! Lets do this
  • new dress sounds awesome, but I'm hoping to fit into an old one that I have not been able to wear in years!