Stress Eating

• Hi Group!

Just wondering, has anyone found a way to combat stress eating? I've been going through a few issues lately and the first thing that comes to my mind is junk food, like the old times. I'm trying to stay on plan, so instead I have reached for fruit. However, sometimes it doesn't feel like it does the trick. The weather hasn't been co-operating lately either, as it's been the coldest July we've had on record, with lots of rain, drizzle and fog.

Just wondering if someone has any suggestions on how to combat stress eating or things that have worked for them.

Jennifer
  • I recently found a quote that said "you have come too far to let a cookie tell you what to do". When I want to binge I think first 'am I going to let that cookie/chocolate bar/chip/hamburger....... Tell me what to do?'

the other thing is to replace the behaviour - I cross stitch so I pick that up instead of eating, you can't eat and cross stitch
  • I'm more of an emotional eater than a stress eater. But I always turn to gum as an alternative. It gives me that chewing sensation which seems to help.