Highly Sensitive Person (HSP)

• Does anyone else here identify as a HSP? How does it impact the way you eat?

It would be great to be able to have someone to discuss some of the challenges and opportunities with.
  • I would, probably. I can't be sure because it's not a formal diagnosis. As for the eating implications, you can have a look at this thread I made about it

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chic...eedlessly.html
  • Hi thirty4.

I've believed I was a HSP for many years now. I discovered Dr. Aron's book shortly after it was written and have been lucky enough to hear her speak a few times. I found the self test as a part of one of the talks she was giving and checked all but 3 or so of the items.

Some of the items on your thread are true for me now...and some used to be true. I've managed to get a decent handle on a lot of my random eating. Stress is still a tough one for me. The past few weeks I've had a lot of work related stress. I was working on the project again today and the desire to go sit in a quiet place with a bag of cookies was overwhelming. A couple days last week it was even worse. I know that sugar is my comfort food and has been ever since I was a child.

I know things will stabilize in a while. Right now though, it just ain't pretty.