Dirty Thirty is upon me and it's time for changes!

• So on Saturday I turned the Big 30 and it's been making me really analyze where my life is at and where I want it to go. My health is at the top of the list, and not just from the weight-loss aspect. The last two months really brought home the fact that health needs to be taken care of and appreciated, and that I need to be doing a lot more of what my doctor says I should be doing. I had a medical scare that turned out to be no where near as bad as it could have been, and I found out a lot more about my family's medical history today.

So with that in mind, here is the progress I've made (spoiler, there's only a little bit of it): I've lost about 5lb in the last two months and I haven't smoked a cigarette since Saturday night. But! I'm proud of my little baby steps forward. I also just sent my boyfriend to the grocery store with a list that is mostly healthy, with a few small concessions so that I don't feel like I'm sucking the fun out of everything.

It's important to me that I get my life in order soon, because I have big plans for my 30's. I'll be graduating at the end of this year as an LVN (and hopefully will be taking the NCLEX soon after), my career as a nurse will begin, I'll be achieving higher degrees in nursing, and then of course the personal side...travelling and marriage and babies and a house and my first new car ever! I'm not going to waste my 30's the way I wasted most of my 20's. The next 10 years are going to be different and harder and better than anything that came before!

Wish me luck. I plan on being on here much more often.
  • Sounds like a great start to your 30s! May this decade of your life be the best yet.
  • Thanks!
  • Happy Belated Birthday

I turn 31 in Oct. I'm not gonna waste my 30's either.
  • Thanks!
  • I started out losing weight at the same time in my life (almost two years ago) at the same weight. SUCH HUGE PAYOFFS! It will be so worth it and you will be so proud of yourself.
  • Thanks! I'm super excited! I've lost a little this week and also have been cigarette-free for 7 days. I really want things to be different this go around!
  • That's great! Keep up the awesome work