Newbie Thoughts: started MF 7/8/15

• As a working wife, mother of 3 boys varying from 22 to 6 (oldest is a stepson), and a caretaking daughter (mom had a stroke and is disabled). After giving birth to my youngest 6 years ago, I just couldn't shed off the weight like I did in the past. My weight just kept climbing up the scale even past my heaviest at 9mos pregnant. It was especially harder after I started reporting to my current boss, who stress eats and feeds her team on a continuous basis. Not to mentioned I am salaried and tied to the hip with her. I can't go for walks like I used to on my breaks because we have urgent issues at hand (office operations). I gained at least a total of 30lbs in the time I've been under her supervision. She packs food for us or buys from the building deli and we eat at our desks - working through lunch. My family? Well, I go to my mom's after work, help with cleaning, cooking then feeding. Then I go home and cook for my boys. Which boys are hefty eaters and won't settle for a salad. Along, the way I took way too many "samples"! I know I can't blame anyone else but myself but they are the true reasons as to why I am the way I am.
    Being so unhappy with my weight and with my health spiraling out of control. I have been researching Optifast for the last year, couldn't afford the upfront cost. So, I tried Curves Complete. I lost 8lbs in 3months. I hated the meal prepping and I just felt like the menu plans were just too overwhelming for me. The fitness regime didn't seem enough. Along the way, I found information on Medifast.
    Here I am, 6 days into the 5&1 program. My challenges so far? Planning/Eating at work, feeding my family REAL food while I ate my MF/L&G, and now, facing my boss who has a food solution for everything. The first 3 days were easy - boss was on vacation, and I explored a few L&G approved recipes for dinner. The weekend was harder, having to cook 2-3 meals for my family and maintaining my eating/drinking schedule. Today was super hard. My boss returned. At 8AM she offered 1/2 a bagel with bacon and cream chees. I casually explained to her I couldn't and that I started to eat healthy. She said: "it's just HALF"... My reply: "I know but I can't". 10AM, I found sweet peppers and ranch dressing on my desk. I told her: "thanks but I can't have that yet". Her reply: "it's healthy and if you are going to have ranch, eat the real stuff"... well, I have a long way to go. I told her I packed lunch and an afternoon snack already. I hope tomorrow to be a better day.
    I weigh in tonight so I'm excited to see where my 6 days has taken me. I know it's all water weight right now but my family has seen an improvement in me already. I cleaned for a few hours over the weekend.
    Foodwise: the ziti gives me bad stomach issues! Oatmeal raisin bars, fruit & nut bars, the chicken soup, the beef soup, the maple oatmeal, the nacho cheese puffs and the cereal have all been good. the cereal! I can eat that for all 5 meals! but the bars have been my savior for on the go. I received a tip to preplan my MF into a ziplock bag for each day! worked wonderfully! I just grab and go.
    I'll update after my weigh in tonight!
  • Congratulations on choosing medifast. Stay strong in your journey. You will have lots of challenges. But choosing to stay the course or getting back on plan is important.
  • Thank you @Richy37
  • My 6th day registered at -6lbs. I was told I did great. I hope so! I was given the clear to start walking 3x a week for 30mins each. No excuses to sit around now!