Amazing way to microwave crispy zucchini chips!

• I just have to share this recipe I discovered: http://www.dinner-mom.com/zucchini-c...owave-or-oven/

They are so wonderful! They really do brown and get crispy in the microwave! Ready after 5 mins in micro.

Tips: Olive Oil spray is a must. Other methods deposit too much oil. Spring for the spray, and not Pam. Slice those zucchini thin using a mandolin, about 1/8". Dry them between paper towels or they won't get crisp. Use a stoneware plate of regular thickness. I tried a Corelle platter, it was too thin. I tried a heavy stoneware plate, it was too thick. Resist salting or seasoning too heavily, add more after cooking if needed. The slices shrink and concentrate your seasoning. Try garlic salt, garlic pepper, jerk seasoning, spicy, asian, herbs, even cinnamon.
  • Thanks for the link. Going to try them this weekend!

I keep buying zucchini, meaning to make chips, they were a nice change...but the last time I made them in the oven, it took way too long for the small amount I ended up with, didn't seem worth the time.
    This sounds so much easier
  • Thanks so much! I tried to make these in the oven last weekend but they never got crispy, even after being in there for an hour. I am trying this tomorrow!
  • Love this!!

I made some yesterday, very good. But each chip is very small

Soooo...Today I made some again, but this time I sliced the zucchini lengthwise, then each slice in half to make about 3" long pieces. Instead of using a plate, I put them on a piece of parchment paper, lightly sprayed with oil.
    l liked this much better

Going to try the microwave method with some other veggies
  • Quote: Love this!!

I made some yesterday, very good. But each chip is very small

Soooo...Today I made some again, but this time I sliced the zucchini lengthwise, then each slice in half to make about 3" long pieces. Instead of using a plate, I put them on a piece of parchment paper, lightly sprayed with oil.
    l liked this much better

Going to try the microwave method with some other veggies
    Awesome! I tried holding a zucchini off set on the mandolin to make baguette style slices, they shrink less that way as well.
  • OMG I needed this!I love zucchini chips, but I have always made them in the oven. I wish I had a gas oven tho because I can never get them quite right. I left them in just a minute or two too long last night and wound up with a whole tray of what looked like little charred quarters- completely black :-( Microwave sounds good though!!

Side note- for seasoning, try OLD BAY! Super yummy!
  • These are great - my new favorite! So glad that you posted this. I tried making them in the oven and they just take sooooo long. I think they even come out better in the microwave for me. I can fit pretty close to 1c on a plate so that's perfect - don't even need to measure now!
  • Thank you very much for posting this.