What am I doing wrong?

• So here's my story. 2 summers ago (when I turned 40) I was at 140lb. I felt great, watched what I ate but still enjoyed a burger on the grill or the occasional pizza with friend. I never worked out, other than a bike ride once or twice a week and was able to maintain with no problem. At the end of that summer my Dr. suggested the Mirena to control TOM. Within a month I gained 13lbs. After 7 months I had it removed (due to several complications) and have been struggling ever since. Last summer I started a low carb, low-no sugar diet and occasionally went to the gym (treadmill). I steer away from processed/fake food as much as possible (falling off now and then but still losing) and got back down to 140 by last fall. Ever since then it has been a roller coaster. Since the first of the year I have been going to the gym 3-4 days a week (2+miles on the treadmill) and still can't seem to maintain and the scale keeps creeping up. I know I'm over 40 and with age things get harder but how can I get the scale to move? I feel like I'm working so hard only to slow down the gain. Any input is greatly appreciated!
  • Maybe the lo/no carb just doesn't agree with you? You could try a more balanced diet, with a few complex carbs- I'm just guessing here, since I don't know in detail what you eat.

There seems to be increasing evidence that eating too little can sabotage your metabolism, but again, I don't know what you're eating.

If you're doing 2 miles on the treadmill, and otherwise feeling good and energetic, it might be time to just buy a larger size and live your life? I mean, keeping active and happy usually helps a lot.

In any case, (((hug)))