Scale is finally going down - new birth control pill

• I am finally seeing the scale start to go down after a month or so. I was retaining so much water weight ever since I started a new birth control pill (seasonique). Normally when I start eating clean and exercising I get that initial drop due to losing water weight. But with the new pill it was just hanging on and making me feel like I wasn't making any progress at all. Finally this morning the scale dropped 3 lbs since two days ago. I know it is just the water weight but it does give me a mental boost to keep my motivation up.

Have only been taking the seasonique for about a month now. It has a higher hormone level (estrogen?) than the previous pill i was taking (ortho). I never had problems with ortho but with this one - major water retention! I had to stop taking it at 9 pm because I was getting so puffy in my legs and everywhere when I was sleeping, was actually causing my hands feet to go numb due to the increased pressure on my blood vessels. Am taking it in the morning now so is better.

Some people say the pill causes weight gain but i don't know about that. It does seem the weight is coming off slower than it has in the past. Normally I can lose 3-4 lbs a week in that first month or so, then it tapers off. Will stick with the pill a little longer and then discuss with my gyno to see if I want to go back to ortho. I don't need anything making it harder to lose weight than it already is.
  • weird ive been on seasonique for years and never had a problem with losing weight
  • Amber, this is actually the second time I've been on it. I took it years back before there was a generic but went off it for financial reasons. Didn't have these problems. Now am on a generic so I don't know if this has anything to do with it. Anyways, the symptoms seems to be improving so will stick with it a while longer.
  • teva or tevia, right?
  • Yep that's the one
  • Still having some issues with swelling in my feet but not as bad as never, but now my skin is going haywire and breaking out. It is everywhere on my chin chest and back too. Like painful deep pimples. I never break out. I just feel depressed and I just still don't feel like myself. I was just fine with my old bcp and just gonna contact my doc tomorrow about going back to it. I'm done with this pill!

Weird how a little change in hormone levels can just throw your body completely out of whack.