Alternachick chat August 11+

You're on Page 7 of 9
Go to
  • that's because you don't brush your teeth often enough, Den
  • BALONEY!!! (I mean I DON'T, but that isn't why the caramels hurt......They are just too darn SWEET!!!)
  • I forgot to share this last week....

Last Friday I got off work early and went to pick up DH at his work. I was walking past Parliament Hill and there were all these people there obviously demonstrating against something but I was to far away to read their signs. Somebody was shouting through a bullhorn but of course it sounded like the teacher from the Charlie Brown cartoons. I guessed that it was probably some group protesting against the same sex marriage law we have up here.

So I picked DH and his buddy up from work and as we are heading towards our house a group of these protesters were standing on the corner opposite to where we were crossing. As we got closer we could see that the protesters were all wearing red t-shirts that said " Marriage = 1 man + 1 woman". I then heard DH say ever so quietly to his friend "Hold my hand" and without hesitation his friend cassually slipped his hand into DH's! You should have seen the looks on the protesters faces!

Well we walked like that with the protesters for about 2 blocks and none of them said a word! It was all I could do to keep from laughing!

My DH is such a quick thinking smartass!
  • I just remembered... when I was a teenager I used to regularly buy myself a bag of caramels and eat them in my room with a book. (didn't eat the book...) Never gained an ounce.

Mauvais, that is THE BEST! What a story... I LOVE IT!! My gay friend Jim is coming over this morning, and I'm going to share it with him.
  • Sorry I have been MIA. I have been busy.

I do have a bunch to do this morning so this will be quick -

DEN GET YOUR BUTT IN GEAR! Is that a good enough kick? Honestly - you were kicking *** on the SBD and you can do it again!!! Now I need one - I have got to stick with WW (and I like the new plan so I have a shot of sticking with it). I no longer fit into my jeans. I have gained 10 lbs this summer.

Hello to Ellis, Mauvais (LOVE that story), Lidian, Jessica, SFlake, Wildfire, Ruthxxx, and any other lurking chicks.

I promise to be back later tonight to really check in.
  • Morning Everyone

Quick thinking is right! ...What a great story. I have some friends that do stuff like that all the time...Me, I'm just not that quick.

Yum caramels, My brother & I used to fight over them all the time. Yikes fighting over food no wonder...
  • Sflake, I just noticed your quote... I love it!

Damn. My laundry is getting SOAKED!!
  • Hi girls
    I am still alive! Sorry have not been with it lately. Hope to get back into the swing of things soon. Kids go back to school next week, so my free time will be my own then. Yeah!!! Going to start walking again and finish up my membership at the gym. Think of you all often. CHat again soon
    Virginia
  • What a cool DH you have, Mauvais! Great story!

Hi to you all...

Ellis, I used to buy candy expressly for eating while I read in the afternoon, sometimes every day (ugh!) and in grad school the candy sometimes was a big old Tobler bar (the 800 calorie kind) and I never topped 138 lbs. WHere's that old metabolism when I need it? Why didn't I put the Tobler bar down and go for a run! No kids - no housecleaning - my own little carrel to work in - staying up all night in Kensington Market (guess I was too tired to go for a run!)...

Den & Squeak & all, we will ALL get back in gear after this weekend! I swear every summer I get out of shape, put on at least a few lbs - and it has got to stop, I HAVE to get moving again! Since I eat after I have served the girls their meals, I feel like I am always in the kitchen - which doesn't happen so much when they are in school, of course. Tuesday I will get serious again -

Lidian
  • Lidian and Ellis-You two USED to have the metabolism....I NEVER did!!! I used to eat potato chips during finals, but I could NEVER get away with it. The only time I came CLOSE to having a good metabolism was when I was nursing the kids, and when they started weaning themselves I kept right on eating!!! OOPS!!!!!

Wanttolose-HI!!! Good to see you!

Sflake-My sister and I did that too, but SHE is thin!!!

Squeak-HARDER BABY!!!!! But seriously, I am going to start up again on Tuesday. Just too much stuff going on this weekend. (THANKS, bby the way!!!)

Ellis-Try eating the book....GOOD FIBER!!!!

Mauvais-FANTASTIC story!!!! Your DH is DEFINITELY a great guy!!!!
  • Den, you should never have weened them. The Bionic Woman (Lindsey...?) was still breastfeeding her son at the age of 9. (ick)
    Yes... after this weekend we'll get back on track. That doesn't mean you can go hog-wild this weekend though. (says she, popping a tray of chicken balls in the oven)

Lidian, in high school and college I used to run a measly mile a day. And I'd eat a bag (a large bag!) of chips after school (pre-dinner) plus about 3 bowls of cereal and maybe a bag of caramels or a couple of chocolate bars. What the heck HAPPENED!?!?

Virginia, get your butt in here next week! We miss you!

Hello everyone!
  • Wagner.
  • Flight of the Valkeries.....
  • Mauvais, your DH is the best!

I'm on the Gettin-back-on-track train, too...departing Monday, destination unknown!

everyone!
  • Yeah he's hilarious

Flight of the Valkyries always makes me think of Bugs Bunny...
    You know the one where Elmer Fudd is dressed as a viking and singing "Kill the wabbit, Kill the wabbit.....with my spear and magic helmet!"

Everything I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny!