Hi!

• Hi all,

I'm new to this forum, and following others to introduce myself.

I've been gradually gaining weight over the last year to 18 month. There have been a number of factors in this, but I am now back at my heaviest weight after 12 years, and am hoping for a bit of support and accountability to motivate me.

We unexpectedly lost my mum earlier this year, and can't pretend to ourselves that her death was at least partly down to her weight. On one level we feel like we need to learn from it, and we can't ignore our health anymore, but equally, I just want to curl up and comfort eat.

Anyway, by signing up, I am hoping to develop a little voice in my head that makes me think before I go nuts.

At the moment I weight 14st 9lbs (205lbs). I'm hoping to get down to 10st 7lbs, but initiallyi'd like to lose10% of my body weight which is 21lbs.
  • I'm sorry for your loss. Welcome to the forum, hopefully you will find support that you need here.
  • Coop27! I am so very sorry for your loss. You are doing the right thing in trying to improve your health now, and this is a great place to start! You'll find lots of support here, so look around and jump right in! Good luck!
  • Welcome! I'm sorry to hear about your loss too. I'm grateful that you've joined us here. We're a very supportive bunch. Have a look around the forum and as Jacqui said, jump right in!
  • Hi Coop, I am new here too, but I just wanted to tell you how sorry I am about your mom - I lost my mom in 2012, and it was definitely tough (and yes, there was some comfort food eating here as well!) It is a great sign that you are reaching out and I think this site is going to be very beneficial to you and to me!! Good luck!!