fat cat wanna be fit cat!

• hi everyone,

I am hopefully a soon to be fit cat
    I'm female, 25 years old and currently 176.36 lbs. as a kid I was very lean but when I hit puberty I grew kind of chubby. for quite a long time I could maintain about 154 lbs ... when I moved to a new city after highschool I started to gain weight again and here I am.
    for the past few years I tried to lose weight by just wishing for it and on and off calorie counting. I guess my metabolism is not the best because of a thyroid dysfunction but I am determined to lose weight nevertheless!
    My goal weight is to be back at 154 lbs and then maybe climb down the scale to 143 lbs or so.

I realised that eating healthy and counting calories from time to time is not gonna be enough so I started doing sports. I try to use the indoors bycicle for at least 30-40 min 2-4 times a week and do Shred by Jillian Michaels 2 times a week right now. I know this is not much but I never did any sports and am amazingly bad when it comes to condition and muscles - I guess I really need to start that slow.

I really hope to find some new friends and motivation here and am happy about every kind of suggestion and help!

PS: excuse any typos and grammar mistakes, English is not my first language!
  • fitcat! You'll find lots of support here! Take a look around and jump right in! You are right about needing to start out slowly with the exercising. It sounds like you have a good plan though. Good luck!
  • thanks

yeah, sometimes I am really astonished and very disturbed how few muscle strength I seem to have and how bad my condition really is! I hope I will see some kind of improvement soon
  • Quote: thanks

yeah, sometimes I am really astonished and very disturbed how few muscle strength I seem to have and how bad my condition really is! I hope I will see some kind of improvement soon
    Same here. I realize it more when my kids want to play and climb all over me and eventually I am down huffing and puffing on the floor. Welcome to the forum. I am very new myself, but there is a lot of information here