I said "No" to food.

• I said "no" to free Cold Stone Creamery Ice Cream, donuts and danishes.

• Good Job! Those foods harm you and cause gluttony! I am doing my best to avoid sugary, processed foods. Addiction to bad foods is just as bad as any other addiction.
  • Nice work!
  • Thank you. I have no idea how I am doing this. I try not to think about it. I try to just automate my "no" to anything not on plan.
  • CatRN78 Excellent!! Keep it up and you'll be at goal in no time.
  • Just be careful about t sthe I ting yourself too much. It's known to causes binges. I would do great for weeks at a time saying no to all kinds of food and then suddenly I would wake up in a food coma after a binge. True story. It doesn't happen to everyone, only everyone I know.
  • It is a wake up call when you realize you can say no! You feel so powerful! Keep using that muscle. It'll get stronger and easier to say no
  • If ever you feel like you can't say no, like you are going to cheat, give yourself permission, but put down your food between bites and take a drink of water after each bite, then ask yourself if you really need another bite before continuing. The permission will make it so you don't feel like you fell off the wagon and should just blow all your progress as a result, the water between bites will fill you up, and once you've decided you've had enough, pat yourself on the back and jump back on plan! I've made the mistake of throwing in the towel because I couldn't say no. Don't make that mistake! Good luck! And good job!
  • Quote: If ever you feel like you can't say no, like you are going to cheat, give yourself permission, but put down your food between bites and take a drink of water after each bite, then ask yourself if you really need another bite before continuing. The permission will make it so you don't feel like you fell off the wagon and should just blow all your progress as a result, the water between bites will fill you up, and once you've decided you've had enough, pat yourself on the back and jump back on plan! I've made the mistake of throwing in the towel because I couldn't say no. Don't make that mistake! Good luck! And good job!
    Thank youfor that advice. Very useful!
  • Awesome! Be proud!
  • great job!! I find that I can NEVER say no to food. Even if I am not hungry!
  • Congratulations on saying "no". It has to start somewhere. Sometimes we crave something even though we know it's not good for us, because it's what is familiar. It's about changing our thinking right? Loving ourselves enough to put nourishing things in our bodies and minds.

I actually said no to some decadent chocolate cake last night, but I explained that I had done a detox and didn't want to eat sweets anymore. Now I just need to learn to say "no thank you" period! People don't need to know why. Pretty soon it will be a habit and I believe the urges will get less and less.

Keep up the good work everyone!