IP Community Weekday Chat started 4/13/15

You're on Page 4 of 4
Go to
  • Quote: Just finishing up my second day and feeling pretty good. Been burping a lot after lunch and now after dinner. Wondering if its the raw veggies and what I might do to ease that going forward.

In regards to MFP, I think there is no right answer but I had mine set to 1000 calories, 50% protein, 30% fat and 20% carbs. Which I have to reset because it asked me if I wanted to reset my goals when I logged in yesterday and I clicked 'yes' before I realized what I was saying yes to! I think the biggest thing with MFP is using it as a daily tool, one I believe will be vital when getting to our goal weights to keep us in 'check'
    Also I really miss seeing the "In 5 weeks you would weigh ## if you continue like this" all I ever get now is the warning that I am not eating enough (sad face)

I hope everyone is gearing up for a great weekend!
    Are you taking the digestive enzymes and probiotics? In the early days your system is adjusting from the higher junk foods to healthy foods and it can put a lot of stress on your stomach, as it doesn't automatically produce all the enzymes needed to break it down. Have you tried steaming your veg to make it a little easier in the transitional stage?

I had the most difficulty with protein and lactose (the whey based protein in the milky drinks/puddings) and the larger amount of meat, but the digestive enzymes really helped with that.

Quote: Good Morning All!

Had my first diet nightmare (literally)! Dreamed I was at Cook Out and REALLY wanted the grilled cheese, but was good and ordered the steamed veggies instead (which Cook Out definitely doesn't serve in real life). But when I got my bag, it was full of grilled cheese, which I proceeded to stuff in my face.

Woke up very relieved that there isn't even a Cook Out near me. :P
    Oh, that is truly grim. So far I haven't experienced that but I would feel cheated if I had a dream like that. Oddly enough, I have never been a grilled cheese sandwich kind of eater, but just lately I keep reading about it everywhere and my tastebuds start waking up and saying "hey, that sounds amazing". LOL
  • Here's some powerful food for thought for those on their weight loss journeys -- there is no "before and after" there is now. Love yourself now and live now. https://cannebodyhearme.wordpress.co...he-after-myth/
  • Cheating Dreams
    I've had a couple of 'cheat dreams' . Mine are 'accidental' cheats. I was at Panera and absent-mindedly stuffed my mouth with bread. I was so mad at myself. In another I ate a grain of rice and panicked. A GRAIN OF RICE!!!! I wake up and feel so relieved when I realize it was all a dream. Pitiful!
  • I won't be on much this weekend! HOpe everyone has a happy healthy weekend! MOnday is weight in day so hopefully the weekend brain will treat me good with all the fun we have planned.
  • Quote: Here's some powerful food for thought for those on their weight loss journeys -- there is no "before and after" there is now. Love yourself now and live now. https://cannebodyhearme.wordpress.co...he-after-myth/
    Thank you winewanderer I liked that blog, some good points. I am going to post it on another thread here also....
  • Thanks for the idea Briael, I have been taking a digestive enzyme that I got from my local wellness center. I think I will talk to the guy who runs it tomorrow and double check the info on it. Oh Briael I sent you a friend request on MFP, if it never showed up could you let me know, please? That was my first one I sent, so I am not sure I did it right.

Third day and other than the burping things are going pretty well. My mood has been really good and been smiling a lot, even though I woke up to a foot of snow and was off and on all day. Brr so cold!

I know most of you have conventional weekends so I hope you're able to get out and enjoy them. I will be working as my 'weekend' is almost always Monday and Tuesday. Take care everyone.
  • Quote: Oh Briael I sent you a friend request on MFP, if it never showed up could you let me know, please? That was my first one I sent, so I am not sure I did it right.
    I haven't received any request in the last 24 hours. Sent you a message on MFP and I'll friend you by the same username, in the hope that it's you.