Later stage dairy question...

• Waiting to hear back from my coaches on this, but just thought someone might be in the same boat!

Only in p1 now (40 down, 60 to go!) but have been thinking ahead to mentally prepare for later stages. I don't do dairy really (no milk unless just a bit in a coffee shop iced coffee or latte but never at home, no cheese unless pizza, don't care for butter unless on steak, gag at even the thought of yoghurt or cottage cheese, etc). So when we add in a dairy group, are there other options? Thanks!
  • You don't have to eat dairy - there are a lot of people who have allergies to milk products and simply ignore that food group altogether.

Simply substitute the ingredients with something you actually like. Healthy saturated fats come in many forms - perhaps you like avocados? nuts?
  • I was hoping avocado would be an option! It's the one thing I really, truly miss so far!
  • Dairy hasn't always agreed with me, so I'll use almond milk or dairy free yogurts some times in place of the dairy requirement.
  • I can only eat 'pre-digested' dairy like yogourts & cheeses (no butter or milk or ice cream for me) but you can use other milk-like products for whatever you want, just watch the macros as they may not have as much protein, or healthy saturated fats, or may have more carbs than the dairy choices. I love avocados & all kinds of nuts too!

Liana