March 2015 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome!

You're on Page 31 of 35
Go to
  • I'm new to this site. It looks just great. Accountability keeps you honest.
    I have lost weight and gained it again many times. I'm hoping that being in contact with others that are trying to lose weight will keep me on track.
  • Good morning all,
    W-170.8 so for my first official weekly WI in 3 weeks up 2.8, not bad for being somewhat uncontrolled.

Diana I went back yesterday, long day, getting ready to go in today, since I haven't been in the office I decided not to telework today. What was I thinking,

Flower I worry about what I'm going to worry about next, sometimes, thank goodness for meditation, I'd never be able to fall asleep.

Ian safe travels next week, have a great time with your kids. I like your idea, fish, eat, sleep, repeat

Coolmom sounds like a fun time over there, must be so neat, how's the bedtimes coming, everyone getting over jet lag/time changes?

Have a great day everyone
  • Dinner was a bread with chocolate chips. We couldn't find a restaurant without reservations. Definitely a carby day!

The show we saw was at Robot Restaurant. A crazy, crazy show with lots of lights and dancing, costumes and giant robot things. Very cool. Not really a good place to get food though, so the "resturaunt" title is misleading.

8:00 pm and we are ready to fall asleep again! I wake up at 3am every morning. I'm sure I could go out at night and adjust quickly if it weren't for the kids needing to back home. Maybe tomorrow I'll be up until 9.

Welcome, jen8!
  • Good Morning, Everyone! TGIF!

I am so ready for the weekend!

Jen8 Hi and welcome to the check-in.

Last night I added on:
    Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch (standing)
    A Meditation for Relaxation & Wellness

Calories for yesterday: 1385
    No weigh In
    I have been waking with a lot of swelling. I think the angioedema is taking hold again.

Enjoy your day and the start to your weekend!
  • Thanks for the welcome Dianna. I am happy to report another good day. I was tempted once- very rare these days-still don't know why- but Tapped it out. Took my walker out shopping yesterday instead of my wheel chair. Was tired by the time I reached the item I wanted-But I did it!
    OH! and as of this morning I have lost another 3 pounds. That makes 77 total since 9/9/14
  • Thursday
    1800 calorie day
    Headache gone.
    Finished hosting my last after school club. WHEW.
    W 234
    I WILL be at 230 next Saturday.
    Positive thoughts and focus.
  • TGIF!!!

for ONCE I don't have school tomorrow morning! That all changes next week, when I'll have to be at school at 8 am on Saturdays, but tomorrow I sleep!

yesterday I got a new phone finally! iPhone 6 plus and I LOVE it. I was getting frustrated with how dim the screen on my iPhone 5 had gotten, and when I compare the two I can see why! I didn't expect to spend $400+, though...

My dad called me yesterday - I was going to wait and give him time to feel better before calling him, but he beat me to it. He is doing fine, just a bit uncomfortable as he has a catheter for the next week. He says his throat hurts terribly form the tube they put in during surgery, but he's ok. He'll know in 2 weeks where to go from here.

B - slice sourdough w/deli chicken slices and provolone, just mayo
    L - southwestern salad
    S - maybe greek yogurt
    D - 2 slices of usual pizza

last night we walked 3 miles and then dinner was Omaha chicken strips and steamed broccoli. yum! I did have 3 shots of vodka...

• Kelijpa - warmer weather should be here one of these days. March winds are blowing 70 mph gusts here today.

Syck - hope your Dad is alright.

CoolMom - enjoy that vacation.

Flower -

B - Bacon, eggs, black beans, blackberries
    L - Cod, greens, balsamic vinegar reduction
    D - BBQ burger, fixins
    E - Clean house like a wildfire, company coming...
    Gotta run.
  • Just checking in really quick. I'm out of town for work, and it's fairly hectic. I'm working on making as good of food choices as I can with breakfast, lunch, and dinner meetings all the time.

Hope everyone's doing well. Have a good Friday!
  • Hi everyone, and welcome Jen8!

Today is going super well. I weighed in at 173.6 this morning
    I doubt I'll get to my goal of 169 lbs by the end of spring break, seeing as I'm leaving tomorrow, but that's okay. I've managed to get back into fitness and health, and that's plenty for me so long as I keep it up.

B: banana and strawberries chopped with one serving of shredded wheat cereal, unsweetened almond milk, cinnamon, and a drizzle of maple syrup.
    L: hummus, avocado, and veggies wrapped in collard leaves (2 wraps) with pickles, a small handful of kettle chips, and some cauliflower rice/greenbean leftovers.
    s: apple

So far, I'm at about 1000-1200 calories. I already went for a jog- out of 30 minutes on the treadmill, only about 8 of those minutes were walking

I'll go to the gym with my dad when he gets home, so that will mean I should burn at least 2600 calories today. Maybe that means I should treat myself to chinese takeout for my last night at my parents'?
  • Up 0.8bs to 179lbs today. Running heavy.

Breakfast was sardines, anchovies and smoked mussels.

Lunch was salad and fish.

For exercise, I did 60 minutes weight training before work and ran 4 miles before lunch.

I am putting on some muscle. I don't know how I feel about that. It is messing with the scale and making running harder. But it is nice to lift heavier.
  • Hi Everyone!

Just a couple personals.

Kelijpa I think I would have teleworked today. Not a bad weigh in.

Fairygaia Congrats on the 3 pounds!

Total Approx 1585 +

Breakfast (400 Calories + coffee)
    spritz oil in pan
    egg 70 cal
    egg whites from carton 60 calories
    Mediterranean Blend Veggies or Zucchini w/Tri Pepper Blend
    1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
    Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
    1 teaspoon pumpkin butter 25 calories
    juice 75 calories
    coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
    Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
    2 slices Applegate Farms Black Forest Ham & lettuce 50 Calories
    Laughing Cow white cheddar cheese 35 calories
    Greek Yogurt 100 calories
    1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (800 calories)
    We went to a BBQ buffet. I kept with veggies and BBQ baked chicken. I had some vanilla ice cream from the ice cream machine. approx 800 calories I kept things in moderation, though. I'm proud of that. That's tough for me at a buffet.

Exercise:
    KCM's Cardio Blast combined workouts premix

Waving Hi all around! Enjoy your evening.
  • Hello all, skipped the internet yesterday, lol .

I took a break yesterday and went out to watch my Wildcats make it to the Elite Eight, Bear Down Arizona!! Fingers crossed for the Final Four this year, we're playing the Wisconsin Badgers tomorrow.

I didn't go to the gym yesterday either, so I tried to make up for it today and here's my list (in order):

bike 35 mins and 8.5 miles, 185 cals
    treadmill 27 mins and 1.3 miles (just walked), 100 cals
    elliptical 17 mins and 1.55 miles, 155 cals
    chest press 40 reps at 15 and 20 lbs each and 20 reps at 25 lbs
    leg press 40 reps each at 50, 60 and 70 lbs, 20 reps each at 75 and 80 lbs
    hip abduction 50 reps each at 50 lbs for inner and outer
    I was there for about 2 hours tonight, and I dont know how much I burned doing my strength exercises but I'm gaining muscle and that's what's important to me on those.

I'm gonna try and do another long gym day tomorrow as well, maybe some other strength machines, we'll see if I get called back into work.

I do have a goal for myself on strength; at least 70 lbs on the chest press (arm strength and I shouldn't get too bulky); and at least 250 lbs on the leg press, I already have strong legs, its all in my thighs but I'm trying to strengthen my knees back up, which will help with my running. (I'm also trying to get my sexy toned thighs back, I know there under there somewhere, lol )

Weekend starts tonight for most people, but I work in the morning, so I still have one more day. But I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend and I look forward to reading about them!!

• Hey everyone.

I woke up with a headache and super puffy eyelids.

B egg and leeks on toast
    L tom yum, finished my son's kids meal: hamburger patty, rice and spinach.
    S we bought a bunch of pastries to try. I had a bite of four different ones then two more bites, so probably equals a whole pastry.
    D Idk. sweet potato and sausage maybe.

Lazy day today.
  • Good morning all!
    W-170.5
    B- scrambled eggs, sausage, cheese, 1 piece of toast with jam
    ?

Going to visit my parents today, weather sucks, but haven't seen them in awhile so I'm going.

Mossy we have teens for temps but only winds in the 20s, hang on girlfriend! Hope your visit goes well!

Diana I should have!

Coolmom hope it's just some passing allergy, sending good thoughts!

Retrorabbit Chinese sounds yummy!

Hope everyone has a great day and weekend.