Getting Out of The 280s & 270s

You're on Page 5 of 26
Go to
  • KittenIsOverIt
    It will be. Keep up the good work!
    Quote: 1 pound down this week... not great but it puts me in the 280's! I hope my time here is short.
  • Hoping to keep the momentum up this weekend and avoid urges to snack and eat junk. I'm up 1 lb this morning but I'm not going to let it get me down. I'm pretty sure its water weight from my TOM. So I bet I'll be looking at some higher scales for the next few days. I've also made a few Fitness Goals for May to help me reach my weight loss goals:

720 minutes of walking/running (1 hr 3 times a week or 30 minutes 6 times a week)
    240 minutes of strength training ( 30 minutes 2 times a week)
    120 minutes of yoga or pilates (30 minutes once a week)
    End of May Goal weight: 270
  • 281.7 Maybe next week I'll move to a new decade?
  • Grr.... Another pound up this morning. . . not a happy camper.
  • Is there anything better than an unofficial weigh-in two days early that confirms you are TOTALLY on track? 285 this morning... official weigh in is Friday
  • 280.0 :-)
  • Well I could not deal with The Whole 30. The idea was great but just too many restrictions for me. So after having a breakdown this morning and crying for 30 minutes I really have to get my act together. Having orthoscopic surgery on one of my knees in July because I sever arthritis in both knees and I am just too young to have knee replacements at this point but it will come to that eventually. My back and legs just kill me even if I stand for 5 minutes. I am just so unhappy that I can't even load the dishwasher without having to sit down for a minute because of the pain. I just have to set my mind to loosing weight because it is just not healthy for me physically or mentally anymore. Loving food is my enemy. Here is to hopefully a start again to helping myself.
  • Lindy Some people find it easy to cut out everything at once and be super restrictive. . . I'm not that way, and it doesn't sound like you are either. But rest assured that you can still loose weight without doing on a restrictive diet. Best of luck, you'll get there.

Finally had my post TOM WOOSH. 277.4 this morning despite the fact that I kinda pigged out yesterday.
  • Just starting out. Down 2 pounds, and I'm kind of lost in terms of how to start my weight loss journey. I know the soda and fast food have to go, and that I have to start exercising, but other than that I am at a loss
  • Yikes... super restrictive is NOT for me either. Nothing makes me want to eat something like telling me I can't. Oddly enough, when left to my own devices I tend to eat the same thing every day. Identical breakfast, lunch and snack every day at work and then a small rotation at dinnertime. I probably have less variety in my diet than the "super restrictive" diet, but because I am choosing to eat these things because they fit my plan and I find them to be tasty, I'm perfectly ok with eating the same thing every day!

Down again to 284.7 this morning. Official weigh-in is tomorrow morning, I'd be ecstatic if that number held or dropped!
  • Friday Official is 285.1! 3.9 down and I am over the moon with that. I had a pretty high point Saturday and Sunday last week with company coming for a visit, so I feel confident that with a good weekend I could be knocking on the 270's door next week. Not going to set my whole self worth on that like I have in the past, but I do feel that's it's realistically possible! Have a great Friday and a great weekend everyone.
  • Quote: I just have to set my mind to loosing weight because it is just not healthy for me physically or mentally anymore.
    Know just what you mean
  • I am joining this group today from the Getting out of the 290's group. I hit 289 yesterday and again today for my official weigh-in. I'm so happy to be here! The weight my body tends to settle at is around 272 but I gained about 25 lbs a couple of years ago when I started working from home. I'm no longer doing that and I feel like I'm in a better routine. I haven's seen the 260's on the scale in a long time and I'm looking forward to working toward that goal.

I am following a low carb diet, but not Atkins or any "recognized" program. I did a week of calorie counting and gained a pound. Go figure! Being carb conscious works best for me. Can't wait to read through the thread and be inspired!
  • Hey all ... back to take the weight i put back on after getting down to size 14 last year i broke down when i had to buy a pair of 18s and those fit snug now so i can't do this to myself again. Down 6.4 my first week.
  • Welcoma gagirl and adais!

I was down to 284.6 this morning even after a few questionable choices yesterday. My daughter made brownies!!!! I tracked every bite though so I'm not even going to beat myself up over it. Enjoy your Sunday!