Low Carb Ice Cream!!!!!

• I found some at Wal-Mart and it onlly has 6 grams of Carbs, 2 grams of Sugar and 1/2 c. is 120 calories. I tasted a little (since I'm still on Phase I) But OMG!!! It is really good. I tried the Chocolate Almond, but they also have cinnamon, lemon, vanilla, and plain chocolate. I can have this on Phase 2 right??? I can't wait!!!
  • I tried that a couple of months ago, it was good! At the time, I was just doing low fat and I bought it so Jennifer could try it and do a food review (she's low carb). She didn't come in time, though

Yummy!
  • I have just discovered Atkins ice cream at Trader Joe's and it's FANTASTIC!! 4 gms per individual serving cup and I mix the vanilla with sugar free root beer - oh YUM! What a nice treat!
  • Whaaaaaah! We never get that good stuff here in Canada! Or is it just because I live in the boonies?
    Actually, I never had the dessert habit and really should not get started but sometimes........
  • Went out w/ the bf Friday night and he absolutely INSISTED I had something at Friendly's so I got a cup of the fat free vanilla ... it was wayyyyyyyyy too sweet ... I can't believe Friendly's doesn't have no sugar added ice cream!!!

Ruth, I think you're right about the dessert habit ... best left alone ... (I keep reminding myself about the night I ate about 6 carb o lite bars cuz I was craving chocolate ... spent the next whole day in the bathroom!!!) ... now I stick with fat free no sugar added fudgesicles!!!

Kathy
  • Ruth, it's because you live in the boonies. We have it here. But don't buy any. I have a tendancy to eat half the container in one sitting...
  • The Atkins Endulgence comes in little single serving containers, 4 per box. I don't eat dessert either, but there comes a time where I just want that special something, and these sure do hit the spot. Luckily, I don't have the desire to eat more than 1 per sitting.