nut question

• My book still hasn't come (sigh..) so, when you eat nuts for a snack, or peanut butter, I notice folks write how many nuts they had....are you supposed to measure or count nuts or just eat as many as you want?

thanks,
    stay the course,
    tina
  • Oh, Nuts!
    Tina, Dr. Agatson recommends a set number of nuts... I think it is 15 unless it is pistachios then you can have 30. I don't have my book w/me and since I can't eat nuts (new braces!) I'm not positive about this.

I think the peanut butter is 1 teaspoon a day?

Hope this helps! Enjoy!
  • thanks Frannymae...I really hope my book comes...I had a snack size bag of peanuts from the vending machine today, and 2 tablespoons of PB for an after dinner snack...I had no idea there was a limit so I guess I wasted another day (annoyed at myself)...I thought I was being good...I guess I'll just keep it real simple till the book comes and remember an old saying "when in doubt, leave it out!"

thanks,
    stay the course,
    tina
  • Tina, I saw the 1 teaspoon of peanut butter and decided that was the same as none! 12 pecans are a serving and I think it's the same for peanuts. Most chicks limit themselves to one serving per day.

You didn't waste the day! If you need an afterdinner snack, have a piece of low fat cheese or a ricotta dessert.
    Best of luck on Day 2 - but rely on skill, not luck! This plan works!
  • thanks Ruth, I want so bad for this to work and I am determined. Even though I don't have the book and feel like I really do need it to know all the details, I will do the best I can. thanks,

stay the course,
    tina