Victoza

• Hello all,

Just wondering if anyone else is on Victoza here?

I started on December 15...did the .6 dosage for a couple of weeks, onto 1.2 since then and the doctor is wanting me to up it to 1.8. I have lost 15 lbs since starting it. Found that my appetite is 1/2 of which it was as I love my carbs and sweets. I have pcos and pre-diabetic...my weight was out of control and even on metformin it wasn't helping. I have also found that my depression has improved, not as moody and emotional as I was.

curious if anyone else has had luck on it and how long you have been on it.

Thanks and looking forward to hearing from you.
  • Thats encouraging to hear. I have not tried it, but am thrilled for you to be doing so well. Keep up the good work.
  • Hi there, Jake. I have been on Victoza since February 2011 and it seems to have normalized my HA1C. The weight is another case although I am 20 pounds lighter than when I started.

It definitely does kill appetite. i just wish OHIP would cover the $$$.
  • Ruth: do you mean trillium drug plan? I am surprised it doesn't. You are a senior, aren't you?
  • I sure am a Senior, Mad. however, Victoza is not covered by OHIP. I wasn't ever covered by the Federal Government plan since I was covered by Harry's Northern TelCom plan. Then NT pulled the health insurance for survivors of pensioners so I have no drug or dental coverage - just OHIP. Victoza is not approved for the reduced rate!