Very first post!

• Hi! I'm Anna, 37, and as of this morning, 263.8lbs.

It was a shock when I went to the allergist in mid November and the scale registered 275lbs. I thought it was broken. I thought I was about 250. I knew I had gained some weight from steroids earlier last year, but I just didn't realize how much, and I'd been hiding in sweats and yoga pants so I didn't have to deal with it.

Right before Thanksgiving I developed horrendous pain. Went to the ER and found out I had FIVE (!) kidney stones and a 5cm ovarian cyst. I deal with fibromyalgia and severe hives on a daily basis, and I decided enough was enough. I can't keep living like this. Sick every single day. In pain every day. I had to start this journey again.

I tried to make it through the holidays and made a resolution that 2015 would be THE year I took back my health. Landed in the ER again on the January 1st with a stone stuck in my ureter. Had surgery a week ago, scared about being so obese going under general anesthesia, and the stupid stone was too high! Had to have a stent placed and lithotropsy scheduled for next week!

Still... I've lost about 12 lbs since the "broken" scale. I started going gluten free December 14th, and in the past 4 weeks, I've lost 8lbs without trying that hard. Makes me wonder if gluten is the root of most of my health issues, because I haven't had any hives either!

Thanks for reading. Really. I'm scared for my health. Enough is enough.
  • Hi Anna, Welcome to the forum! Wow, you've been through a lot the last couple months. Congratulations on your loss so far. That's wonderful! I have Fibromyalgia as well and often wondered if Gluten was a cause of some of my bad flare-ups. Unfortunately I live in a somewhat small country-ish area and there isn't a lot of gluten free foods available here to test out my theory. I hope your procedure goes great next week!
  • Welcome! I'm new here as well!
  • Welcome Anna! Feel free to join in our 30-Something Chat