Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2015, 09:06 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 186/178/160

Height: 5'6"

Anikens, positive vibes heading your way.
Old 01-19-2015, 09:23 PM   #77  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anikens View Post
My mom ended back up in the hospital today (she has stage 4 breast cancer) so I packed a lunch box with a quest bar and a RTD - I def don't want to get thrown off track. I really wish there were more alternatives than that for on the go. Not used to being without a microwave and I'm trying to stay away from the grease grill downstairs. Any suggestions?
I'm so sorry about your mom {{Hugs}}. You've gotten some great suggestions and the people at the hospital are usually very helpful.

Hi everybody! It's been a busy day today, very much enjoyed the soak in the hot bath tonight.

I made the Crackslaw for the first time tonight - wow, it is yummy! I think I have a new favourite!

Hope everyone is having a great IP day!

Jo
Old 01-19-2015, 09:54 PM   #78  
maintaining since 9/2013

Anikens Sending you good wishes and a hug. You're doing a great job planning and figuring out how to stay OP while being there for your Mom.
Old 01-19-2015, 10:16 PM   #79  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anikens View Post
My mom ended back up in the hospital today (she has stage 4 breast cancer) so I packed a lunch box with a quest bar and a RTD - I def don't want to get thrown off track. I really wish there were more alternatives than that for on the go. Not used to being without a microwave and I'm trying to stay away from the grease grill downstairs. Any suggestions?
So sorry to hear about your mom, Anikens. I saw an excellent post from a Facebooker a couple of days ago. I hope this link goes through ok, if not please PM me and I'll send you the Word document I created for future use!

Recipe for egg muffins with vegetables and/or meats
Old 01-19-2015, 10:23 PM   #80  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briael View Post
So sorry to hear about your mom, Anikens. I saw an excellent post from a Facebooker a couple of days ago. I hope this link goes through ok, if not please PM me and I'll send you the Word document I created for future use!

Recipe for egg muffins with vegetables and/or meats
Your recipe link goes to Facebook but not to any content - says it cannot show the content and the link may be no longer active...

If you can get to it and post it in a recipe thread here, that would be fabulous!

And Happy Happy Happy Birthday!!! I hope you have been celebrating your day and enjoying it! (with non-food celebrations, of course! - no need for me to mention this - I am sure you have made staying OP a gift to yourself!)
Old 01-19-2015, 10:31 PM   #81  

The link worked for me.
I'll put the recipe on the recipe thread
Old 01-19-2015, 10:46 PM   #82  
10/19/14 P1

S/C/G: 296.5/215.6/199>

Height: 5'8.5" -- 53 yr

Bummed Up .8 lbs this week, but lost 4.0 of fat. Guess the fat loss number is good -- but being up sure doesn't feel good. I'm sure it's water weight, I just have to stay focused!
Old 01-19-2015, 10:47 PM   #83  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
The link worked for me.
Thanks a bunch, Lisa! I found it and will try it out - I may also do a variation that incorporates the IP potato puree!
Old 01-19-2015, 10:54 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 202/168/160

Height: 5'8"

Met with my coach today and received my information packet and food for the week. So excited to begin this journey. I have been reading posts all weekend and feel so encouraged by all the successes I have seen on here. Looking forward to eating OP and weighing in on Monday, January 25th.
Old 01-19-2015, 11:04 PM   #85  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelgrl87 View Post
Met with my coach today and received my information packet and food for the week. So excited to begin this journey. I have been reading posts all weekend and feel so encouraged by all the successes I have seen on here. Looking forward to eating OP and weighing in on Monday, January 25th.
Welcome rebelgrl87!!!

This is a great program for losing pounds -- and if you follow the maintenance protocols to phase off, you can work the program to maintain your losses.

This forum has lots of useful info and a pretty supportive gang of fellow IPeeps who are happy to share in your journey. You are stepping into an environment full of potential for success!!
Old 01-20-2015, 12:03 AM   #86  
started IP June 21, 2014

S/C/G: 182/133.4/130

Height: 5' 3.5"

Anikens I'm so sorry to hear about your mom.

rebelgrl87 Welcome! You sound motivated and prepared, so you will succeed!

Lisa I just checked out your flickr page--congratulations!!!! (plus a big thank you for all that you do!)
Old 01-20-2015, 01:42 AM   #87  

S/C/G: 150/124/112

Height: 5'

Smile New to the discussions

Hi everyone, I have been lurking shyly in the background for a few months, but now I am IN! Just want to say how much I admire everyone's stories and perseverance and the great things about this IP lifestyle. I have been on the plan since September and have lost 26 pounds. I finally joined after watching my husband lose over 100 lbs in less than a year, since he started last January. His success was amazing, and so I got on board too. I have not been this weight since before I had kids. It is a great feeling!

Really like all the creative ideas, too, for recipes.
Tonight I made some celery root french fries (Chef Verati posted this on his Facebook page) and once I figured out that the celery root could be edible (have you seen one? Oh my! They don't look very appetizing...) and cut it up into fries and baked them, boy were they good! Not McDonald's fries, but tasty.

Back to work tomorrow. Wishing everyone a great week!
Old 01-20-2015, 02:34 AM   #88  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
The link worked for me.
Thanks Lisa.
Old 01-20-2015, 06:04 AM   #89  

S/C/G: 251/208/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by etherbunny View Post
I'm hoping someone has answers for 2 quick questions. I've tried to search, but didn't find exact answers. If not, I'll check with my coach on Tuesday

1. 8 oz of tofu is A LOT of tofu. Is this the correct amount for a protein serving? (the recipe I'm making only calls for 3oz) If it is, I'll divide the protein amount between lunch and dinner

2. Any word on veggie cheese? I saw it in the store (next to the tofu) and was wondering if it's acceptable

On my unofficial home scale this morning, I'm at my lowest weight in 10 yrs. Hopefully, that will be reflected on the official WI in 48 hours.
Etherbunny, I use veggie cheese quite liberally and count it in my veggie count. I did this the entire time during my first go round with IP and lost 2.6 lbs a week. My coach's opinion was if you are seeing the lose using it then it's fine. she had told me many of her clients used it. It really helps make food seem normal. Such as making Pizza with the Tomato soup and burgers with the broccoli cheese bread and adding cheese. I think it's different for everyone the alterative products you can add and get away with.
I will use veggie cheeses forever, the parm cheese my entire house can't tell the difference.

Happy cheesing !!!
Closed Thread