Here I go again!

• Hi everyone, I'm Lisa and I'm a yo-yo-er!

Phew, glad to get that out there!

After a bit of a stressful start to 2014, I lost quite a bit of weight and managed to maintain it throughout the year thanks to being newly single and back in the dating game. Towards the end of the year I got myself a shiny new boyfriend and the dreaded "got comfortable" happened again. Now, I've decided to be a big cliche and use the New Year as a kick start to get back in shape and lose the 1.5/2 stone I would like to get rid of in order to feel confident again (and be able to fit in that slinky black dress that I managed to squeeze back into for a few months).

So here I am, ready and raring to go
  • Welcome!!! Yo-yoing is something MANY of us can relate to (Me definitely!)

What type of diet are you planning on trying?
  • Haha, I like the "shiny new boyfriend" bit.

Welcome to the forum, glad to have you here!
  • Hi guys, thanks for welcome!!

TBH I'm thinking just a good old fashioned "cut down on the takeaways, fill up on good stuff AND move more" diet...I've done Slim Fast before but I have IBS and it seems to disagree with the shakes for some reason! Tried no carbs for a while which was okay but I like my pasta and potatoes too much

Again, thanks for the welcome - I look forward to sharing in everyone's journey
  • Old Timer Here
    Hello! I saw the title of this thread and thought "Oh boy, is that the place for me!" I too am a yo-yo'er and at the end of my string, so to speak.

I used to post here all the time years ago (last time was 2009, I think) but slacked off, fell off the wagon, got comfortable and all those other cliches. This year (for some reason and I'm not stopping to question why) I'm feeling stronger and thinking this could be MY year!

I've been working on preplanning meals and getting this ol' body in gear on a more regular basis. And I'm back on the 3FC forum.

And happy to be here! Nice to meet you all.
  • I am in the same place and the same boat....been up and down between 140-170ish so many times. Sounds like lots of us are in the same boat....

This time I am moving away from planned diets, quick fixes, unsustainable changes and instead making some long terms food and exercise changes that I hope will lead to a loss and be easier to maintain.

Good luck and hope to see you around.
  • Hi!

Let's do it! 2015 is THE year
  • Me again.
    Hello again. Thought I'd pop back into the 3FC forums. Boy, is this a busy place! Years ago, I'd found a little group that all posted daily in the same place. I'm sure there are threads like that still. Unfortunately, our little group slowly broke up. Sad. But now I'm back and hope to meet some new friends, partners, coaches, confidants, etc.

I totally fell off the wagon over the weekend (typical) but have been back on track since then. My first week of 2015, I'd lost 2.2 lbs. Tomorrow is weigh-in day and I'm just hoping I haven't gained!

Meanwhile, anyone have any good exercise ideas for someone who really needs to start slow? I have a Wii Fit but tend to last only about 10-15 minutes. There are some good videos on YouTube and such but there are soooo many to choose from!

Dancing is always an option ....

<----- me

.... as long as there's no one around to see me do it.

Hm, perhaps a play list....?

Will check back in soon!
    Jo.