Kayeley's big day tomorrow!!!

• are you ready? nervous? We'll be here for you ... sending prayers and good wishes for healing and health!
  • Prayers for you Kayeley!!
  • Hang in there Kayeley! Follow the rules and heal quickly.
  • Thanks all for the well-wishes!

My surgery went off "perfectly", as my surgeon said. My incisions aren't oozing, bleeding, or bruising. I had to stay an extra day in the hospital, due to spiking blood pressure, but they've got me on some meds, and I just need to monitor it at home.

The extreme pain has ceased. A lot of gas pain has gone down, I believe. I am still having pain when I sit down and stand up (and cough), but that's to be expected, since I just had major abdominal surgery. Taking the pain meds as I need them. Hoping this will pass fairly quickly.

Day 3 post op, and no regrets. SHOCKED that 2 oz. of food fills me up, I'll tell you that much!
  • so glad you're home - and doing well... you're EATING???? or does the doc have you on clear liquids for a week or so?

whatever he says - that's what you'll do, right?
  • I'm on pureed foods. I was on liquids for the day after my surgery, then moved up to purees. That will be my diet for the first 8 weeks.
  • congratulations on your surgery! How are you coping so far?