How do I work out?

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • have to agree with jigglefree. you need to do what works best for you and your schedule.
  • you are doing great with your walking! do you use a pedometer? you might want to get one if you don't use one already.
  • Quote: i dont really like being told im sad about my weight but what ever. and im 19, i say lol a lot and dont even realize it. but i feel like just doing the at home stuff isnt going to do anything, doing 50 crunches or what ever isnt going to be as good as weight training and using multiple types of muscles.
    I really like that fitocracy website! thank you! I walk an hour a day as is, so i dont know why ide cut back lol
    i hate the bikes lol my buts too big and it hurts XD
    if you get a cushioned cover to put over the bike seats, it will make a world of difference....i don't bike at the gym but i bike outside and will always need a cushioned seat, not just because of my weight but because of lower back issues and the likelihood that i broke my tailbone once when little

and you may never like biking...i dont at the gym AT ALL but i love to bike outside....but that's really helped me
  • a pedometer keeps track of the number of steps you take during the day.
  • I suggest you take some time and jump on you tube. Watch videos on how to use free weights or certain machines. Also, don't be afraid to ask someone.
  • youtube does have many good exercise videos.
  • It can be tough when you are first getting started. What I recommend is you search you tube for some great exercises or get a trainer for a couple sessions to familiarize yourself with the gym. Or ask a friend to go with you and show you a couple things.
  • Jumping in to say...I hear you. It can be really intimidating to work out in front of people who obviously know what they are doing.

And don't knock doing work outs at home. Us plus sized girls have an advantage when working out with our own body weight. We're heavy so we have to get stronger. As for the walking....if you are walking an hour already here's some ways to make it a better work out. Try to walk a little bit faster than you are used to. The farther you go in that hour the more calories you will have burned. The goal for walking when I am working out is that I walk fast enough that I can feel my heart beating.

Also...I've been using the app bodbot. I really like it as it gives me a work out plan based on what I want and it gives me videos on how to do certain stuff.
  • I wear an Omron pedometer. keeps track of both regular and aerobic steps!