Who's jumping on the IP wagon in January?!

You're on Page 8 of 17
Go to
  • Hi, I am new to the boards. Have posted on the daily chat a few times. I started IP on 01-19-15. My first weigh in was today. Lost 8 lbs. Never have I lost that amount in one week on other programs. My question is - do you eat all the food they list in the protocol for each meal? Since my appetite has decreased dramatically I am finding it hard to eat that much. I do eat 2 ounces of my dinner protein at lunch. Seems to help me fell full longer. Some days I stretch it out over the day instead of consuming at one sitting.

I am very happy with this plan and am excited to see where I will be in a couple of months.

Thanks!
  • Thanks Largo. I'll have to get some bars. I'm not big on veggies so that's a challenge. I barely got the 2 cups down.

Has anyone tried mixing spinach into the shakes?
  • Quote: Hi, I am new to the boards. Have posted on the daily chat a few times. I started IP on 01-19-15. My first weigh in was today. Lost 8 lbs. Never have I lost that amount in one week on other programs. My question is - do you eat all the food they list in the protocol for each meal? Since my appetite has decreased dramatically I am finding it hard to eat that much. I do eat 2 ounces of my dinner protein at lunch. Seems to help me fell full longer. Some days I stretch it out over the day instead of consuming at one sitting.

I am very happy with this plan and am excited to see where I will be in a couple of months.

Thanks!
    I have my IP "lunch" packet in the morning between breakfast/lunch at about 10:30 and then at lunch I have my 2 cups veggie about about 2 oz (up to 4 oz) of my dinner protein at lunch. Recently, I've needed to have my IP snack between lunch & dinner because I've been feeling my blood sugar drop.
  • I started on January 9. Lost 12.4lbs the first week and 5.2lbs in week two. I cannot believe how easy this is. I just keep remembering how it is temporary and I CAN do this for the six or seven months I will need to do it so I can get on with the rest of my life free of the excess weight that has plagued me forever!!!
  • Congratulations on your success CloverDog....hope I see similar results!
  • thanks Shasta10. I think I will start taking my lunch IP midmorning. I have gotten the chocolate shake, peanut butter bar and BBQ chips this week. I am excited about the bar. Had one today. Delicious.

Your results on your weight is wonderful. I am excited to see where I am in a few months.

Thanks for your input.
  • Hi everyone,

I was on IP last year and lost 40 pounds. I went off for a vacation last summer and have struggled ever since to get back on. I have gained 20 pounds back and I have decided tomorrow is the day!

Good Luck
  • Quote: Thanks Largo. I'll have to get some bars. I'm not big on veggies so that's a challenge. I barely got the 2 cups down.

Has anyone tried mixing spinach into the shakes?
    I've been mixing spinach in with the Wildberry Yogurt and it's one of my favorite IP meals now! An easy way to get some spinach in!
  • Hey Chip n Dip don't know what happen to ya but I haven't done it yet not a perfect day yet down 3, 4 lbs up 3,4 lbs down up sounds like a Cha cha but not nearly as fun ;(
    New thing I'm going to try is tonight is to go up stairs after dinner and and watch TV from bed and try to go to sleep earlier. I'm hoping by changing my pattern at night it will help fight the monster that comes out at that time. My coach insists its because I'm tired that I cheat late at night. So let's see.
    How'd you do?

I have 5 girls now that wish to participate in an IP cooking Saturday so I'll be putting that together. Some of them do not know how to make the soup breads and use them for pizza's with the veggie cheese and sandwiches and the Oatmeal biscuits both of which I think really help with the bread cravings. So looking forward to it.

I must think positive today is the 100% day take off to my success !!
  • Quote: I've been mixing spinach in with the Wildberry Yogurt and it's one of my favorite IP meals now! An easy way to get some spinach in!
    Hey Jo Jo I'm heard a lot of people mix in veggies with the drinks but doesn't it give it a bitter taste? Is the Wildberry yogurt strong enough to mask the spinach?

If so maybe i'll give it a try when I'm in a hurry. The drinks alone just do not sustain me but with veggies in them perhaps they would.
  • Quote: Hi everyone,

I was on IP last year and lost 40 pounds. I went off for a vacation last summer and have struggled ever since to get back on. I have gained 20 pounds back and I have decided tomorrow is the day!

Good Luck
    Hi Mitsu,

Good luck quite a few of us here trying to reboot. Good luck today to stay 100% on IP. I can tell you getting over the first hump of being 100% is the battle I'm encountering and many others here.
    We can do it!!!!! Today is your day!!!!!!
  • I started IP on Jan 5 I have lost 16lbs so far. I want to loose 55-57 lbs. I have done this diet before but never followed through to phase 4 I just wanted the results without wanting the life style change. This time I'm working on it being different. I have a WI today.
  • Arobed, 16 pounds in one month is wonderful. I had my first weigh in yesterday and had lost 8. I will be thrilled if I can lose 16 in a month.

You and I are about at the same weight and height. Usually when I diet I can lose the first couple of weeks and then I have a week of no lose or either a small gain. I am hoping with this diet that doesn't happen for a month or so.

We can do this.
  • Quote: Hey Jo Jo I'm heard a lot of people mix in veggies with the drinks but doesn't it give it a bitter taste? Is the Wildberry yogurt strong enough to mask the spinach?

If so maybe i'll give it a try when I'm in a hurry. The drinks alone just do not sustain me but with veggies in them perhaps they would.
    Kcdoe, I think the wildberry covers the spinach taste. I mix mine in a blender with just some water and ice.
  • Hey Y'all!

newbie checkin' in. week 3 of IP here. so far, doing great! i found this community and think it will be another tool that i can use to reach my goal. like mamma always said...birds of feather flock together

i'm feeling great and really motivated. just had my week 3 weigh-in with my coach (a bit early this week because i'm working the rest of the week) and i'm down 13lbs! woooohooo! IP is convenient for me because i work long hours and hate the hassle of planning and preparing.....so grabbing a few packets and a meal for my 12hr work day is ideal (pun kinda intended)!

so yeah....just checking in, hoping to connect with some other newbies that i can keep track of for motivation and support along the way.....