5'1 120 and under ladies

• I'm currently 139 with a goal of 120 but I think I may wanna go down to 105.can anyone around there tell me how it feels?when I tell friends they say ohh no that's to skinny.
  • That would give you a BMI of 19.8, which is in the "normal" range.
    http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educ...MI/bmicalc.htm

I'm not a big fan of BMI as an indicator of health, but if you're just looking for an average healthy range... for the average person... your target looks fine. I'd say just pay attention to how you feel about your body and your hunger levels and so on as you get closer to goal.
  • i dont get why they think i would be to skinny at my height its fine.
  • People have weird opinions about what other people should weigh and look like. Maybe the most straightforward viewpoint is that they're used to seeing you a certain way, and it's difficult to imagine you in a different "category."

Some people are naturally very thin for their height, but I think it's more to do with appetite/diet and exercise patterns than anything else. Yes, it's a biological difference, but the difference is what their body makes them do, not how their body actually processes things.

I think you have the ability to be just as healthy as anyone else at your target body composition/weight. And you've chosen a weight in an average range, so you're not being unreasonable.

Try not to listen to the people sticking their noses in your business.
  • I can relate completely. I'm only 5'0 and have lost 26lbs so far (currently 120). I think my goals are constantly changing, although I've always had 110 in my head, as I get closer I think 105 would look better. Honestly I think I just need to see how my body looks and feels as I continue to lose. My body shape has also changed from gaining then losing the weight. The last time I was this weight (the end of highschool) I feel like my waist was smaller and my breasts were bigger, now I have a less soft look so I'll just have to keep at it and see.
  • I'm currently 106 lbs and my height is 5'1''. Went down to this from 128 lbs, and I can tell... I feel and look a lot better than before. My mid-goal is 99 lbs, and ultimate goal after that is actually 92 lbs. The numbers sound crazy (and I know my goal weight is quite low as well), but it is still relative to my height. My sister is actually my height and weights 92 pounds, and to me her body is enviable and gorgeous. She still has thighs that aren't stick-skinny and overall she doesn't look unhealthily underweight or anything like that. She is just tiny in structure, so she can carry that little weight without looking unhealthy.

It really depends on your tastes really, but honestly speaking I'd never want to go back to 128 pounds, even though that is still classified as normal weight for my height according to BMI. I feel a lot more confident about my body now, and that's a feeling I don't want to give up on.

Edit: 105 lbs for your (and my) height ain't too skinny. It's perfect.
  • Quote: I'm currently 139 with a goal of 120 but I think I may wanna go down to 105.can anyone around there tell me how it feels?when I tell friends they say ohh no that's to skinny.
    For me, it feels great! That's probably about where I'm going to end up, too. I don't have an ultimate goal weight yet, but won't go below a BMI of 18.5. I've heard bad health things happen below that.