myfitnesspal - has it helped anyone in losing weight?

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Maybe I'm weird, but I find it doesn't help me. The thing that really helps me when it comes to tracking is summarizing everything everyday (like in a notebook, but I would just do it in a private blog. This means calories, goals, feelings, etc) and then using an extremely simple app (TargetWeight on iOS) to keep record of all my weigh ins. Now I use that or HappyScale (creates target weights for you, small and big ones).

But I do think MFP is amazing, it's just not for me.
  • I love MFP! I use the app on my phone bc it's always with me.

I usually enter what I plan to eat for dinner first and then work back from there. Then I will decide what my breakfast, lunch, snacks will be based on how many calories I have left. I aim for 1200, but I'm flexible up to 1400 calories on some of the days.

I try to log everything I eat and drink. My husband was actually laughing at me bc I was logging the little fun size candy bars I would eat as an occasional treat. Fortunately, the leftover Halloween candy is almost gone!

I know it's not a perfect science, especially when trying to calculate my own recipes, but it helps me feel accountable.

We rarely go out to eat, so I am able to weigh or measure my portions at home. I will eat most things but I try to avoid processed junk. I adhere to the serving sizes best I can. It's funny bc I used to think "I can only have a 1/2 cup of that?! That won't be enough!" But it usually ends up being plenty, I get to eat what I want in moderation so I never feel deprived.
  • Yep i log my intake in addition to using their ticker.