So I Disappeared/.. :(

• I've been dreading making this post for weeks, but I need to own up to it and get back on track :/

So I kind of fell off the wagon. It started in July, when I took my son back home to see family for two weeks. The first week, I did fabulous - even lost another three pounds. But after hearing how great I looked, over and over and over again, I decided to take the next week off: no dieting, no working out, no keeping track of anything.

Four months later...

It's scary how easy it is to go off track. It literally took one week of less than total dedication to completely derail almost four months of hard work. It's taken me equally as long to finally push myself to start over again.

The good news is, I didn't really gain any weight. I did pack on a few pounds during my husband's first week back from deployment - we ate out every single meal for four days, and dinner for six more days - but I dropped it quickly and without any effort the next week or two afterwards. I'm honestly surprised that, with no exercise, no calorie counting and no effort, I was able to maintain my loss. If anything, I've proven to myself that the changes I've made have stuck and that it's become a permanent lifestyle.

I could kick myself for wasting four months - I could be at goal already! - but it's given me time to rest and re-approach my methods. I'm totally motivated now, ready to knock out the next 30 pounds and get on with life
  • Welcome back! I think most here can relate.

My last fall off the wagon only took one stressful flight cancellation and being stuck in a hotel without power and a crying, sick baby. I remember mowing down a giant burrito at the airport and then eating pizza in my dark hotel room. From that one stressful night I went from 147 to ultimately 225. You are so good to get back on the horse before it got any further!