How about some NSV this week!

• In light of my whining over my less than stellar scale victory, I felt better after realizing I absolutely had some great NSV this week!

1. I wasn't tempted one iota with the Halloween candy, haven't touched a single piece.

2. I was able to plan ahead (shishkabobs) and partake at the weekly football tailgate and again, was not tempted to cheat with all the other fun food, I just didn't hang out by the food table like I have done in the past!

3. I managed to make breaded/fried wings for my DH and his buddies for the Colt's game last night without as much as a finger taste test.

but best of all....

I was able to fit into and comfortably wear the next size down in a pair of JEANS no less!

What are some of your NSVs?!
  • 1. The Halloween candy hasn't even tempted me!! and there is still a huge bowl in my house.

2. My pants are getting too big for me! Time to pull out the next smaller size!!

3. I made lasagna (used to be my favorite food!) and wasn't even tempted to take a bite.

4. I stepped out of the shower the other day and realized that I was able to wrap the towel around my body!! and it covered my whole body!!

5. I put on a bathrobe that my mom gave me last year for Christmas that would not zip and it not only zipped up but was big on me!

I FEEL great!!
  • My rings fit! I haven't worn them since I got pregnant almost 2.5 years ago. I'm so excited to have my wedding rings back on.

I bought 3 shirts in a size large! I've been swimming in XL and XXL for awhile.

I ordered a Halloween costume for next year in a medium. I WILL fit in to it next year, darn it!

Yay for everyone's NSVs!
  • No major NSV so far, but DH and the in-laws commented that they are noticing the weight loss and I can feel a difference in my clothes. So YAY!!
  • Tried on my size 15-16 pants that i havent fit into for more than 5 years last night and they fit! They are still more snug than I would like for wearing in public but i didnt even have to lay on the bed to zip them or anything. The last time i tried them on, I couldn't even get them over my thighs.

Looking forward: These are the last pair of skinny jeans i own. So when they are too big (yes i said when) i will have to go shopping . Because i havent been under size 15 in over 20 years! I was so excited about that last night that Isisnt sleep until after 1 am!
  • YOU GUYS ROCK!!!

I LOVED reading your posts!!!!

WOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!

Hmmm....guess not eating (plus no desire for) Halloween candy was my latest NSV!!
  • Hooray for this thread! I was just going to post my NSV somewhere else but I will appropriately post it here:

Had a very frustrating experience at the grocery store today. Not once did I think about stuffing my face with some unhealthy snack on the drive home like I normally would. All the baked goods and chocolate were right there and it didn't occur to me until now that I didn't feel tempted to eat any of it! Yay! The only food in my bag was cabbage and cauliflower :P
  • My NSV was that I drank my whole 9 glasses of water today! Not thrilling but I am managing during a stressful time to hold my own under my scream weight (although not screaming, I am whining a little ).

Liana
  • My NSV for this week . . .

1) Wasn't tempted to eat any Halloween Candy - helped that my kids are getting older and aren't all in to it AND that we don't have to purchase candy since we don't get Trick-or-Treaters

2) My jeans (size 14) are getting lose on me!

3) On our way home from our trip out of town, my husband said how beautiful I looked this weekend - from the way I did my hair (cause it's finally grown back to be long enough for me to do fun things), to my makeup and the way I looked in my clothes.

I asked him what he was going to think when I was back down to the weight I was when we met . . .he said he'd feel like he had the woman he married back. Then I asked what I was going to do . . . .he said, probably go out and buy a whole new wardrobe. Ummm . . . .I might buy a few things, but I have all my clothes from before, I will feel like I have a new wardrobe without needing to go shopping! Next summer, I'll be *HOT*

So my final NSV is that my frame of mind is better. I'm not so down on myself.
  • This has been my favorite thread! I hope it doesn't discourage anyone that might not have had an NSV THIS week, but it's coming! I can't wait to experience more NSVs and see what is happening with everyone else, it gives me hope as to what is coming!
  • I met someone this weekend and they asked me where I lived. I told them I lived in New Orleans and they immediately replied with "That's shocking, you are way too slender to live in New Orleans with all of that good food"

Another was I went shopping for a sweater dress at a boutique and the girl helping me asked me what size I was and I told her that I was probably in a Medium. She brought me a couple dresses and she said that one was a Small but she was sure it would fit me and she was right. That was a little shocking to me. I haven't shopped outside of Large/XL in a long time.
  • I love this thread! I've been on this diet about 2 weeks now and the past three days have been my first stall. It's such a perk-me-up to realize these accomplishments.
    • For the first time since I was a kid I was able to pull my body into standing from a backbend while in my ashtanga yoga class. I guess the weight loss is really affecting my whole body!
    • I didn't eat a single piece of Halloween candy. Although I did pull 3 Almond Joys from the stash and throw them into the freezer for the spring. You know, when I've hit maintenance.
    • Today's our first cold day this year, and all my winter clothes from last year are fitting a little looser.
  • After reading the posts here I decided to try on a pair of jeans that I had outgrown over the past year, and I am happy to say that they now fit, well, they will fit better with a few more pounds gone but I can comfortably do them up and bend and squat, so YAY!!!!
  • <--- finally got pix of me and the hubs from our long awaited family photo shoot.