OT - victory!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • not much time left in my lunch but i have to tell you all about the crazy turn of good luck we got...

WE GOT A PLACE!!!

it's a 2 bed, 1 bath duplex. $1125/mo (people who don't live in CA, have a heart attack now!) 1 car garage, front and back yard, shed for storage, the sweetest landlords ever, and it's really nice. i will post a picture of the outside of it this weekend and the inside in about a week.

we move in next week sometimes, after they buff the floors and buy us a fridge! yaay!
  • Great News!

Congrats! Getting a new place is always exciting... but can be bad... as whenever I get a new place, I always want lots of new stuff...

Can't wait to see the pictures..

Enjoy!
  • Congratulations!!! Soooo happy for you!!!
  • Woo hoo! Holly! I am so coming to visit.

I almost did have a heart attack. You got a 2BR for only $1125????
  • 2 bedroom place in Boston would start around $1500! [makes me miss the midwest].

Congrats!
  • Congratulations! That's so exciting!

That's a pretty good price considering where you are.
  • Holly, I'm so excited for you!! Moving stinks, but it will be so worth it!! Definitely anxious to see pictures!
  • Holly!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is such great news!!!! WoooHooo!

I bet you can't wait to move in!

Living in Northwest Indiana, I won't comment on the price considering my mortgage for a 2,100 sqaure foot home is only $879.00. Yikes!!
  • Wow, Holly - heart attack here! I won't tell you how much such a place would cost in Oklahoma, because some of you might make disaparaging comments about the prospect of living here! But I love it!

I'm SO happy for you. I know this has been a major stressor. Life is so much more manageable when you can get yourself out of transition and into your own space.

hurray for you!
  • Congratulations!

That is a lot of money! I have a 2 bdrm place, and I pay $725/mo, and I think that's too expensive lol. But only 5 years ago, I had a 2 bdrm place for $390/mo (everything is getting more and more expensive here).
  • yeah, it has to do with how much people get paid. i work as a receptionist... i do have a degree but it isn't really helping me out yet... i make 11/hr. so does david, so we live on both incomes. is that comparable to what you guys make?
  • here's a picture of the outside of the house:
  • here's the backyard:
  • here's a bit of the inside (don't have the keys yet).

it's the dining area and part of the living room:
  • Looks very cute!! Heeee...you must be soooo excited!!