Wellbutrin Side Effect

• Hello! I hope you are all doing well!

I have an question for those who are on Wellbutrin or have been in the past. This might be TMI, but I would really like some advice.

Depression-wise it's doing okay, and it's okay with dealing with my anxiety. While this is all good, the constipation is unbearable Ugh. I'm seriously considering quitting it because of this. I don't want to keep taking laxatives, because when I want to get off of Wellbutrin, I don't want to be dependent on them. I am so bloated and miserable because of stomach discomfort.

I read somewhere that increasing your fiber won't necessarily help, and it might actually make it worse (anyway, I've already tried increasing my fiber with no luck). Anyone have any advice?

I started to take Zoloft with the Wellbutrin for about a week and that helped to relieve the constipation, but I was scared of gaining weight on Zoloft so I did not continue. Any advice will help. I feel real crummy right now, and I'm seriously considering quitting the medicine even though it's helping me emotionally.
  • Ive been on Wellbutrin but Ive never had that problem! Im sorry! Ive heard of that happening though. I know upping water intake can sometimes help (as well as a fiber suppliment) Good luck with it all though!!
  • Thanks so much for answering! Amazingly enough, I feel as if this particular side effect is going away. But I'm also not sure because I have missed a few doses and I don't know if missing those days is making a difference. Anyway, I think I will try to up my water and take magnesium supplements just in case it does decide to return, Is that something that can be taken daily with minimal, if any, negative short- or long-term side effects?

Thanks again!