Freezing portions of peanut butter?

• I allow myself a tablespoon of peanut butter on my diet..but dang, scraping it off with a spoon (leaves some behind) or using a finger to swipe it off, then dealing with the smeary tablespoon I wonder if I portioned out tablespoon blobs then froze them, at least I'd be doing it all at once and not every day or every other day?
  • That sounds like a really good idea! I'd flash freeze it (put the tablespoons onto a metal cookie sheet) so that you can just scrape them off once frozen and stick them into a freezer bag. That's how I freeze tomato paste after opening a can.
  • kewl, I'm glad it seems to make sense! Hey, freezing the remaining tomato paste, much better than me leaving it in the can to rust after a few months
  • Quote: kewl, I'm glad it seems to make sense! Hey, freezing the remaining tomato paste, much better than me leaving it in the can to rust after a few months
    Ha, I've done that more times than I can count, but then I get mad when a recipe calls for 1TB and I don't have a can! So, freezing it is a win win. I also freeze chipotle peppers in adobo in ice cube trays so I can pop them out when they're frozen and put them into a freezer bag. I never need an entire can, so I just freeze one chopped pepper with sauce for each compartment.