How to choose Ranch Dressing

• Hi,

I'm new to Atkins and I'm wondering how to choose a Ranch Dressing. I know it must be full fat with no added sugar. I'm having difficulty finding a dressing that doesn't have sugar. Kraft brand has 1 g of Sugar per serving and only 1.9 net Carbs. Is it OK to use it? What brand do you use?

Thanks
  • Kraft would be ok to use. You can also make your own.
    http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/ranch_s..._dressing.html

• Ranch is my favorite dressing too!.... I love Ken's Steakhouse Buttermilk Ranch.. its just 1 carb per 2 tbsp YumYum!
  • Beware of packets of newman's own ranch(the kind at McD's) it's super high in carbs and I have no idea why!!! Most ranch dressings are low!
  • Do all posts in this forum need to be on this thread?

I have been reading Jenny Ruhl's books and blood sugar 101 site (and related low carb site) and found them incredibly informative. Is anyone else following her advice?
  • I've read Jenny Ruhl and think her book is very good - she points out lots of places people struggle on low carb. I particularly like this "I've even seen people suggesting that it was the 7 grams of "hidden carbs" in a cup of cream that stalled their diet, rather than the 820 calories that cream contributed. Overly carb-centric thinking leads low carb dieters to come up with some very questionable explanations as to why high calorie foods stall them." (I know for me cream can become a big source of calories, and I think that at my age/activiy level calories on low carb DO matter)

In the end she's only moderately favorable to low carb, so bear that in mind. I'd follow her blood sugar testing advice if I were diabetic though.

As for the posts, no you can create a new thread in the sub-forum area, above the list of threads there is an area in the upper left, "new thread"