~*One Year of Accountability*~

You're on Page 12 of 18
Go to
  • Sunarie~ I am the same way because I like getting ideas from others! Nothing wrong with having the same meal for a few days, that is just like my breakfast!!

The letters in the parentheses are the fuel/meal types. In Trim Healthy Mama, you have a protein centered meal or snack with either fat OR carbs. So it goes a little like this:

S=Satisfying meals/snacks= protein, less than 10g net carbs, at least 5g of fat
    E=Energizing meals/snacks=protein, less than 5g fat, 10-45g net carbs
    FP=Fuel Pull meals/snacks=protein, less than 5g fat, less than 10g net carbs

Non-startchy veggies are not to be included in carb counts for any meal type! You have to wait 3 hours before changing meal type, so if I have an S breakfast at 9am, I can have an E lunch at noon. You can also have one meal type all day then another the next day. It is super easy and very customizable to you and your family's lifestyle! The biggest focus of THM is eliminating or greatly reducing sugar intake and processed foods, though it really just comes down to separating carbs and fat. I am literally never hungry doing it, it is a wonderful plan!

This is a link to a quick start guide that explains the plan in a nutshell, including meal ideas and a grocery list. I encourage everyone to give it a try!
    http://www.gwens-nest.com/trim-healt...k-start-guide/
  • Here's the meals for today! My husband is in the process of switching jobs so we are very excited and a bit nervous about a big change like this! It is definitely positive but different because he's been in the forces for almost 6 years! Also weighed in at 291.2 this morning, I am stoked!!

Breakfast~ 3 Coconut Berry Muffins (S) Shrinker (FP)
    Lunch~ Grilled Chicken Salad with cheese, veggies, bacon, ranch & steamed broccoli(S)
    Snack~ Wasa crackers with laughing cow cheese wedge (E)
    Dinner~ Eggplant Pizza Rounds with Fried Cabbage (S)
  • Pink Hurricane - Thanks for the breakdown. It definitely sounds interesting! Hope your hubby likes his new job, and congrats on the loss! My breakfast and snacks tend to be the same every day. I just don't do well with breakfast, and the carnation stuff is the only thing I've found that I actually do consistently.. so I'm sticking with it. It tastes like chocolate milk too, so yum! I am switching up my smoothies a bit this week. Wanted to get more darker berries in, instead of just peaches all the time.

I snuck a peek at the scale this morning. I was only going to weight for challenges but I wanted to see. I'm down to 230.6. So trending downwards now, yay! I'll still probably keep off the scale mostly (or try to) until challenge weigh-ins. Hopefully I'll be back to under my first mini-goal soon.

Meal Plan for today

Breakfast: Breakfast Drink w/ 1% milk (6 points)
    Snack: Chocolate Cherry Berry Smoothie (5 points)
    Lunch: 1 serving Creamy Italian Chicken over egg noodles (10 points)
    Dinner: Chicken Salad (10 points)
    Snack: Yoplait Light + granola (4 points)

Daily Total/Allowed: 35/35
    Weekly Points: 0/35

Exercise: Strength day. Beginner goal of 3 reps of 8 push ups each, 3 reps of 10 tricep dips, 3 sets of 10 squats, 3 sets squats 8 per leg, 3 set of 12 crunches, 3 sets leg lifts 8 per leg.
  • Meal Plan for today

Snack: Chocolate Cherry Berry Smoothie (5 points)
    Lunch: Chicken and Black Bean Taco Salad (7 points)
    Snack: Crackers with Havarti Cheese (4 points)
    Dinner: Chicken and Black Bean Taco Salad (7 points)
    Snack: Yoplait Light + granola (4 points) Glass of Wine (2 points)

Exercise: Zumba Activate.
  • Sunarie~ Thank you! We are definitely excited about his new job, it's going to be a lot easier on him stress wise too. Also, yay for the downward trend you are starting, that's always nice to see!

It is way below freezing here today! Needless to say our baby and I have stayed inside, but I worked up quite a sweat chasing after him while he was pushing his little musical riding elephant around! Hubby should be home soon and we are going to build a warm fire in our living room! I have done really well on plan for 8 days, and it feels more and more like a lifestyle now than a diet.

Breakfast~ Strawberry Oatmeal (E) Fat Stripping Frappe (FP)
    Lunch~ Grilled Chicken Spinach Salad with cheese & ranch (S) steamed broccoli (FP)
    Snack~ Small Apple with tsp. Peanut Butter (E) Shrinker (FP)
    Dinner~ Homemade Chili topped with cheese & greek yogurt (S)
    Dessert~ Skinny PB Chocolate (S)
  • My son (well the whole school district) got a 2 hour delay today for "wind chill". Which is just wild to me. We're living in South Carolina now, and I get that they aren't so use to the cold weather, but I grew up in Washington State.. specifically in the south eastern corner of the state, which has some pretty cold winters, and is windy. We got snow days for ice and such, but never just because the temperature was low! Then again I know folks who through us getting two inches of snow warranted a delay was silly when I was growing up too. Maybe I'm just getting old XD

Yay for being on plan. Mine feels overall like a lifestyle change too, which is good. Certainly flows a lot easier when it's that way. Exercise doesn't quite feel routine yet, but I'm confident it will at some point.

I'll probably end up switching out the and granola in my yogurt in favor of some hot cocoa tonight.

Sounds like everything is going well for you overall
  • Meal Plan for today

Snack: Peach Crisp Smoothie (5 points)
    Lunch: Chicken and Vegetable Stir Fry over rice (11 points)
    Dinner: Leftover Stir Fry (11 points)
    Snack: Yoplait Light (2 points)

Exercise: Strength day. Beginner goal of 3 reps of 8 push ups each, 3 reps of 10 tricep dips, 3 sets of 10 squats, 3 sets squats 8 per leg, 3 set of 12 crunches, 3 sets leg lifts 8 per leg.
  • I'm hoping it's okay to join in today.
    I just started over and am committed. I joined 5 years ago lost 100 pounds in a year and a half. Kept it off for about a year and have slowly carelessly gained back 60 of those pounds. So I'm back counting calories and focused. I started Over Tuesday and so far I'm holding firm.

I'm going to eat 1800 calories and do a toning or walking workout daily. It is my goal to drink 1 liter of water a day. So far today I have completed my toning workout and I've eaten 865 calories. Still have half a liter to go in water. I have dinner and two snacks left for today.
  • You can join in anytime you want jigglefree Welcome to the thread, congrats on your previous losses, and great job on staying firm with your plan thus far this go around!

So this weekend I tried a flour-less brownie recipe I found. It was actually really good. It uses Black Beans, coffee, and balsamic vinegar, which I thought was kinda odd but they seriously tasted yummy!

Meal Plan for today

Lunch: 2 Three Cheese Zucchini Stuffed Lasagna Rolls (12 points)
    Dinner: 2 Three Cheese Zucchini Stuffed Lasagna Rolls (12 points)
    Snack: 1 Flour less Brownie (4 points)

Daily Total/Allowed: 34/35

Exercise: Rest day.
  • Challenge weigh-in was today. I'm down to 229.6. That's 1.8lb loss this week, which is pretty awesome for me. Going to continue with my strength/cardio days. The stuffed Zucchini rolls were really nummy. If you like lasagna, I would highly recommend them. Were relatively easy to make too.

Meal Plan for today

Lunch: Thai Chicken Skewers w/ Peanut Sauce, side of green beans (11 points)
    Dinner: Chicken Salad (10 points)

• Back! Vacation was awesome!

Starting back at 205.2 lbs.
    It's expected since my husband's family is hispanic and nearly everything we ate was rice, beans, and some type of meat.

Really wanting to crank January out and get to 199. Before I was kinda half-hearted about losing weight but I'm feeling really inspired now.

Losing all this water weight. I'm going to start incorporating some light workouts today.
  • Welcome back Ciao! Glad to hear your vacation was fun.

I had kind of an icky day so far. Mustered up the courage (for me courage anyway) to use a machine at the fitness center of my apartment complex, only to run into some very rude ladies after I started using the machine. So that sort of took some wind out of my happy sails. Ended up cutting my workout short because I wanted to get out of there too. So I'll likely add in some Just Dance later today. It is suppose to be a cardio day.

Meal Plan for today

Lunch: 3 Tacos (12 points)
    Dinner: 3 Tacos (12 points)

Exercise: Just Dance 20 minutes, 15 minutes on Elliptical.
  • Been trying to post for a week, but this page crashes everytime I try. Anyhow, on day 2 of 21 day paleo challenge. I've done it before and always feel better eating this way, but first few days of detox from wheat/processed foods are tough.

Feeling tired but hopeful and generally back in control for the moment. Thanks for all the support through my rough holiday period everyone!
  • Sorry to hear the page is giving you trouble posting irishbabe. Yay for progress on your paleo challenge, and hopefully the detox period goes away soon. I know when I have cut sugar totally out of diets in the past I've gotten really bad headaches and all for a few days. If you can pull through though, it gets a ton better!

Meal Plan for today

Lunch: 2 servings Sinfully Rich Mac and Cheese w/ Spinach (14 points)
    Dinner: Sinfully Rich Mac and Cheese w/ Spinach (7 points)

Exercise: Strength day. Beginner goal of 3 reps of 8 push ups each, 3 reps of 10 tricep dips, 3 sets of 10 squats, 3 sets lunges 8 per leg, 3 set of 12 crunches, 3 sets leg lifts 8 per leg (front, side, and back).