IP Community Daily Chat Thursday 10/2/2014

You're on Page 3 of 3
Go to
  • Danibee.I am not on IP but am also Ukrainian.I host Christmas Eve every year and was in the middle of a diet that followed IP principles.I cooked for 22 people and the dinner went well and I did not gain a single pound.I had perogies,cabbage rolls and of course turkey and trimmings.I also had lots of vegetables like cauliflower and turnips.I was able to eat the meat and cauliflower and stay on plan.I just used super human effort and resisted the temptation to overeat and stayed on plan.It can be done.I am planning the same for this year.Good luck.
  • Quote: Good Morning All! I have my WI tomorrow and I feel like it's going to be another week before I bust into the 140s, which I'm okay with. I know I am sitting on the cusp of the 150s but it took me so long to get through the 160s what's another week.

I'm super excited about finding LizRR's "Sweet Fauxtato Pie" Recipe since I've been having pumpkin pie cravings. I'm taking my time and making this up on Saturday. TOM is definitely on the horizon.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4527843-post9.html
    Argh...another recipe to add to my rutabaga wish list! Sounds like an even more awesome version of my faux mashed sweet potatoes. And who knew there was canned rutabaga. Thanks for posting.
  • Quote: Danibee.I am not on IP but am also Ukrainian.I host Christmas Eve every year and was in the middle of a diet that followed IP principles.I cooked for 22 people and the dinner went well and I did not gain a single pound.I had perogies,cabbage rolls and of course turkey and trimmings.I also had lots of vegetables like cauliflower and turnips.I was able to eat the meat and cauliflower and stay on plan.I just used super human effort and resisted the temptation to overeat and stayed on plan.It can be done.I am planning the same for this year.Good luck.
    I thought I was the ONLY person that cooked perogies and cabbage rolls!! Of course I don't eat them!
  • Quote: Mid-week to WI on Monday and I am down 3 lbs. I am starting to get discouraged with Canadian Thanksgiving one week away. My household (me in other words) will be doing all the cooking for 20 people. I am slowly working on the dinner list to add some IP approved meals in with my families traditional Ukrainian cooking. Here's hoping everyone enjoys my spin on cooking this year.
    Eek, danibee! Trad Ukrainian cooking is so carb dependent! About the only choice is sauerkraut. My hubby is Polish/Ukrainian descent.
    http://think-slimmer.com/2012/11/21/...ideal-protein/
    http://idealdiet.wordpress.com/2012/...-thanksgiving/
    http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...n-recipes.html

Hope this helps!
    Liana
  • Quote: Good morning everyone. I'm 3 weeks in and my resolve is waning! this is typical for me. I self sabotage often and my efforts get thrown to the wind. I've been trying to lose weight for ages, years! and i always end up on this merry-go-round. So, last night I left my husband to get the kids to bed and hid away and read the first 4 days of the Beck Diet Solution. I was inspired by people here to read it. I made my ARC cards and am beginning the strategies suggested in the book. I think I will be carrying a copy of those ARC cards around with me in my pocket. They are a list of reasons why I want to lose weight. I am determined to beat this self sabotage, giving in to cravings and momentary self gratification that derails me all the time. It's so disheartening. I really need to start thinking like an adult about losing weight. One of the strategies further on is to find a diet coach so no better place than the boards here (and all of you). Good luck on this journey everyone. It can be so so difficult but it is also a fantastic, wonderful experience when followed through properly. Have a good day.

Good evening everyone. I posted the above paragraph in yesterdays post before it closed. i'm in Europe so there is a large time difference. I have placed the Arc cards in my desk, my bag and purse. One strategy is to sit and mindfully eat. I thought that this was something I did do, until I caught myself running around with my morning shake getting the kids ready for school and at lunch time I began my lunch sitting down but in front of a computer not mindfully eating. So, already learning some new things about my eating habits.
    Good luck with your biopsy, this girl... and good luck with your detective work Pishposh.
    I'm glad you stated that you had previously written that first part. I thought I was going a bit looney..I knew I had read it before..lol
  • Beck Diet Solution Daily Tip
    • October 2, 2014 - Think Thin Thursday Tip

If healthy eating feels really painful to you, you may be giving food a bigger role than it deserves. Food is a pleasure in life, but it’s not the only one. Try building other sources of pleasure and excitement in your life, and in doing so, you’ll rely less on food to be “fun” and healthy eating will be easier.
    • October 1, 2014 - Wednesday Sabotage

Wednesday Sabotage: I don’t have time for my dieting skills.

Response: It doesn’t take that much time to actually do everything. What does take time is how long I spend struggling beforehand over whether or not I’m going to do it. Once I make the decision to definitively do these things, the struggle will go away and the time I spend will be reduced significantly.
    And one more thought I found
    Wisdom Wednesday: Food should not be a replacement for something else that is missing in your life.
  • Quote: Also wanted to share a couple of NSVs. First, went to my Primary Care for a physical (had been avoiding it for years). All of my blood tests came back Normal! I had elevated cholesterol, now it's better! Total clean bill of health. Second, for the first time in 12 years, I purchased non-plus size clothes. It blew my mind.

I truly believe I would not be as successful at this if I did not have this community.
    Those are ROCKIN' NSVs!
    And I believe the same thing about success...there is strength in numbers!
  • SG: WOOHOO!

kissi: Thanks! Lately I have been averaging more like 2 pounds per week but I had some really nice losses in the beginning and then a few sprinkled throughout so it bumped up my "average". I definitely am more successful than I originally hoped to be on this diet! I'm just going to keep on keeping on You too!

Rayze: Awesome NSVs!!!