Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - October 2014 - Everyone Welcome!

You're on Page 18 of 28
Go to
  • Welcome back NorthernChick/Sarah, I will stop complaining about the weather here right now great job getting back in control!

W-162.6
    B- grits, almond milk, craisins, sunflower seeds
    L- 5 bean salad, smoked oysters
    D- cole slaw, potatoes and fish maybe or rotisserie chicken, not sure
    S- banana
    E- walk

Ian i did get in my jog yesterday, 25 mins, next one is 28, then I think 30, almost there and smoked oysters for lunch

Best to all have a great day

Good morning Flower posted at the same time
  • Good Morning, Everyone!

NorthernChick13 Congrats on your pending nuptials! Good luck with your weight loss goals! You can do it.

Last night I added on: Lee Holden's 7 Minutes of Magic PM Extended Version

Calories for yesterday: 1500 +
    Weigh In: 165.8
    Down: .4

Have a great day!
  • Mornin'!

163.2 (new low!)
    B pie and decaf with milk
    L soup
    D roasted veg and a protein

My post-op appointment is today so I can ask about exercise. Yay!

Sarah, welcome!!! Building a snowman sounds like fun exercise (with the proper gloves. Brrrr!).

Kelijpa, you're already zooming past me. Ha! I zig and then zag, so tomorrow will be up again I'm sure.
  • I had my post-op appointment and the stitches are still there and will be there for another four weeks. No weightllifting or bike riding or happyfuntimes . She said I can do walking, but not for long periods. Hopefully my weightloss isn't muscle. But yay for my issues I was having are fixed. She did a great job.

Shrimp salad rolls for lunch instead of my plan but it still works out.
  • Up 0.2lbs today to 170.6lbs which doesn't really count.

I did something very naughty today. My toe was still sore so I took a couple of painkillers and ran with it. It feels OK. I just hope it still feels OK when the painkillers wear off! I will take a rest from running tomorrow though because rain is in the forecast.

Breakfast was sardines, smoked oysters and oats. Lunch was salmon, squid, smoked oysters, crab cake and fried cockles.

Exercise was 1 hour boxing before work and a 4 mile run with a friend before lunch.

Northern is a fast loser. So watch out everybody!

Nice work on the jog kelijpa and even better job on the smoked oysters. I eat them twice a day, every day.
  • I can't run tonight, nobody will be home to stay with my son so it looks like I have a date with Jillian.

I think by this time next year he should be able to stay home alone for short periods of time. He'll be almost 13. I can hardly believe it.

Have a good night, all.
  • So, my hat became a scarf, the yarn was too hard to work with, but made a nice soft scarf. I bought some new yarn, pink and grey that will become the hat (hopefully ) just did the first round, I can actually see the stitches so should work.

Had a piece of tilapia, roasted potatoes and cole slaw DH made with the last cabbage from our garden.

Ian I did something naughty today, too, had a brownie after supper...pretty sure I'm still within calories, but dang it was good. The oysters were yummy, myfitnesspal said good source of protein, I guess it's a new feature, it said good source of calcium for the almond milk and warned me about sugar yesterday when I input my evening cocktail...

Tomorrow will be fruit/veg day, so it'll balance out for sure.

coolmom I'm sure I'll be up tomorrow, too my weight is often like a ping pong ball in a wind storm, but at least has been staying in the range that my pants still fit!

best to all
  • Kelijpa, I hope you will not be getting the 'noreaster that is hitting the east. I like the colors of your new yarn. pink and gray. Good luck on the new hat. I think I want to learn how to knit or crochet. That brownie sounds really good. I often want a blondie brownie with double chocolate chips and a thick layer of organic slightly sweetened, thinned and whipped peanutbutter on top. They are amazing(ly high in calories)

Novangel, i hope you have a restful night with your ds.

Ian, you said that northern is a fast loser. I heard recently that there was a new study which says that those who lost weight rapidly had no less success keeping it off than those who lost slowly. I thought it was interesting info to file away.

Coolmom, congrats on the surgery being successful. It must be hard to not be doing all those regular things you have done for so long. But in 4 weeks you can celebrate !!

Diana. I hope you are feeling better.
    `````````````````````````````````````````````````` ```````````````````````````````````````````
    Speaking of feeling better, I woke this morning in intense pain. The sinuses and back of my head and neck. I took everything I could think of for it. and then called the naturopath. I pretty much told her what I thought it was. I have strep deep in my body from when I was a kid. I do not think it was treated back then. No amount of antibiotics I took in subsequent years was able to wipe it out. The strep is rearing its ugly head and is settled in to my sinuses. ouch ! She put me on a few new things. And told me to continue taking some things i already was taking. So my day was pretty much centered around that. I had to get some of the things she wanted me to take. 2 of the things she had there.

I pretty much stayed on my eating plan. Although when I was at the co-op I did look for 2 little 100 calorie bags of popchips for the ride home in the dark and rain. I felt half grateful and half dissapointed when they did not have little bags of popchips. Of course I am happy about it now.
    L: nitrate free black forest ham and salad. 410
    hot chocolate as always made with almond milk, cocoa powders and stevia 420
    D will be fish stoup with carrot, green bean, cabbage and miso 390
    lemon protein frozen stuff 60
    total for the day 1280
  • Smoked oysters kelijpa are also a good source of vitamin B-12, omega 3, iron and especially zinc. They are very low in mercury.

But I do mainly eat them for the lean protein. It helps to build those muscles as does eating mussels.

Quote:
    Ian, you said that northern is a fast loser. I heard recently that there was a new study which says that those who lost weight rapidly had no less success keeping it off than those who lost slowly. I thought it was interesting info to file away.
    I read that too flower and I am living proof. I did 4lbs a week all the way down from 281lbs to 180lbs. But it may yet be too soon to tell...

My gall bladder felt it though. It was a close call. I could feel it ache but it was not bad enough to have it removed. Thankfully. Those were in the days before I was so crazy about eating so much fish. I had a portion of chicken, shrimp or tofu in those days. Very low in fats. I'd do more oily fish now. That would have helped the gall bladder I am sure.
  • Hi Everyone!

I am missing Syckgirlsfv, too.

CoolMom Sounds like your recovery is going very well and the Dr. did a good job. Just a little more healing and you can get back to your fitness routine. Congrats on the new low. The vidalia chopper made chopping that many onions easier, but, the tears were still streaming.

Ian I hope your toe is better my tomorrow. Maybe the pain meds helped with inflammation, too. Do you know what happened to cause the pain? I am in need of new shoes and will probably get some this month. I swear the shoes don't last like they used to.

Novangel Did you workout with Jillian tonight? How many of her DVD's do you have?

Kelijpa Will the scarf and hat match?

Flower I hope you feel better soon and that's it's not a bad case of step.

Waving Hi all around! Enjoy your evening!
  • Total Approx 1525 Calories +

Breakfast (400 Calories + coffee)
    spritz oil in pan
    egg 70 cal
    egg whites from carton 60 calories
    Mediterranean Blend Veggies or Zucchini w/Tri Pepper Blend
    1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
    Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
    1 teaspoon pumpkin butter 25 calories
    juice 75 calories
    coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (400 Calories)
    Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
    2 slices Applegate Farms Black Forest Ham 50 Calories
    Honey mustard/Lettuce 50 calories
    Greek Yogurt 100 calories
    1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (725 Calories)
    DH wanted to eat somewhere "different". I ate in a good calorie range. Hopefully the sodium won't cause problems.
    Burrito w/chicken, black beans, cheese, lettuce, and a small amount of salsa 725 calories

Exercise:
    Slim in 6 Burn It Up
  • Quote:
    Ian I hope your toe is better my tomorrow. Maybe the pain meds helped with inflammation, too. Do you know what happened to cause the pain? I am in need of new shoes and will probably get some this month. I swear the shoes don't last like they used to.
    Thanks Diana. I absolutely agree on the shoes. I always buy the latest model of the same type of shoe for running (Mizuno Wave Prophecy). The first pair I bought are still in great condition. The latest pair I bought have holes in them! The problem is twofold. First, I think the companies are in it to make a quick buck by producing sub-standard shoes. Secondly, they are constantly striving to make shoes lighter but the lighter stuff does not last as long.

As for the toe, I have two theories. One is the whiskey night. I could have banged it and just not remembered. My bad.

The other is the hash run on Thursday night. Before the run I drank some rum. This was fantastic because I could drink it and not need to go to the toilet mid-run (like with beer) which would have been disruptive. However, I did run very fast that night and feel that the rum may have been to blame since it could have acted as a painkiller when my body was trying to tell me to slow down.

The toe is getting better though. Much less sore tonight. The rest tomorrow should fix it.

I suppose the moral of the story is don't drink and drive. And don't drink (too much) and run either!
  • Quote: I suppose the moral of the story is don't drink and drive. And don't drink (too much) and run either!
    Ha Ha Good point!
  • Finishing the day around 1000 cals again but took several bites of the mac n cheese I made the kids. Also made and tasted from a giant pot of chicken noodle soup for my mama, who is still battling the sickies. She is supposed to have another CT scan to make sure cancer has not returned. She needs a ready-made pot of food right now, for sure!

Flower, that sounds awful to wake up in pain like that! If the naturopath stuff doesn't work do you check in with an MD? I hope it resolves quickly.

Diana, these new thin sneakers are interesting. Not good at all on my bike. I haven't had them long enough to know if they will wear out quicker but I assume so. Flimsy!

Novangel, my oldest is 13 and he gets to babysit his siblings and stay home alone for short stents now. I always felt like 13 would be the age and it ended up being so. I was getting paid to babysit by 11/12! Boys are still babies at that age. Lol

Kelijpa, fingers crossed for our weigh-in tomorrow! <----me
  • lol thanks, Ian! I'll try!!! The 150's were slow going last time but I was also exhausted from the 50 lbs I had lost. This time, I'm going in STRONG, baby!!!! I hope my body is startled into big losses ahahaha!

So, I noticed I've been STARVING lately...like almost dizzy. I am eating the same calories as my last weight loss journey but I also have a half hour walk to and from school. I wonder if that is making the difference, or if my body is just getting used to it?? I'll keep an eye on it.

Today was a good day. Over calories by 150 but I'll do a wee bit less tomorrow! I'm going to make a salad now...and I hate veggies...lol so that's commitment!

Great job today, everyone!!