IP's Potassium Citrate

• I meant to post this months and months ago and apologies in advance if it's already common knowledge.

Early in the summer, I ran out of the IP Potassium vitamin. Ran to the dr's office to buy and just could NOT bring myself to whip out my cash to pay for it. Soooo overpriced and I just got tired of it.

Later in the day, I ended up buying the same exact Potassium from Swanson.

https://www.swansonvitamins.com/swan...99-mg-120-caps

Only $2.39!!

MORE pills than the IP and soooo much cheaper! Same ingredients.

I highly recommend it.

The IP potassium was about $28, I recall. Before tax!

Never again.
  • Thanks for sharing this info -- I just bought supplements at my weigh in this evening... I am sure I could be getting them all at much better prices. I have saved this info in my phone so I can use it when I am ready to buy potassium again.
  • You're welcome!!
  • Thanks for researching. These supplements are expensive. I see this one contains rice flour. Is that a problem?
  • Hasn't been a problem for me at all, at all.

I spoke to a former co worker about it who was on IP about 4 years ago - she used this same substitute and said she never had any issues.

I've always loved the IP program and I absolutely get that it's a business - but it shouldn't need to rip people so much! Not in these hard economic times. No way!

Quote: Thanks for researching. These supplements are expensive. I see this one contains rice flour. Is that a problem?
  • Thank you for this information!
    Would you have other recommendations for substitutes for the remaining supplements?
    Thanks again
  • Vivig

Garden of Life O Zymes
    The enteric coated Omega 3s by Fisol (if you hate that fishy taste or burp, try these. They are designed not to dissolve in the stomach, but the intestines.
    The Nature Made Cal-Mag with Zinc
    Centrum multivitamin/multimineral (contains iodine if you prefer to use non-iodized salt)
    Ultimate Flora Probiotic
    Natural Factors Potassium Citrate

We are using some of the IP variety alongside some of the non-IP brands until we use them all up. Check the RDA values to confirm how many equate to the IP version.

We take one Nature Made cal-mag because it's the equivalent of two IP cal-mag.

Hope this helps. I'm sure others will be weigh in with their alternatives, too.
  • Thanks for the tips on the vitamins. I use Nature Made also. They make a burp less fish oil. I can't stand burping up that fishy taste.