What can I add to water?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I find I drink a lot more water when I can add flavor to it but I'm trying to break from the sweetners and the crystal light water thingies. I would like to find something that tastes good but isn't bad for your teeth (I have bad enough teeth already ) So lemon and citrus, no matter how much I love it, is pretty much out. Any ideas?
  • I've had great success with hot, cold or in-between water with a few raspberries or other berries. They can be fresh or frozen.
  • Scotch.

No, seriously, green tea.
  • I've heard cucumber added to water is pretty popular right now.

You could also try a little fresh mint (maybe even both together?) if you're into that, or unsweetened caffeine free tea.
  • I have the same problem... I was wondering why your are getting off crystal lite
  • I am off Crystal Lite too. Now I just use a bit of MiO.
  • what were you ladies reasoning for getting off CL
  • Check out these infused water recipes.
  • I read somewhere that if you're sensitive to lemon water, drinking out of a straw really helps!
    I would try sparkling water or adding slices of fruits (berries, oranges) and cucumbers to your water.
    Herbal tea is also a great way to increase your fluids! I love the brand Pukka and often find them discounted at Home Sense. Make sure to read labels and see if there's any added sugar if you opt for other brands!
  • I like flavored water, sparkling water, green tea, and have tried a few of the infused water recipes. I really do not like water infused with anything citrus as it gets bitter.

I recently found a really good clearance deal on some of the Soda Stream Ocean Spray diet syrups. I like the cranberry and and the raspberry cranberry added to plain water or seltzer water. But, if you are trying to avoid artificial sweetners they are in most of these things including Mio, Crystal Light, the Soda Streams and even some of the fizzy waters, club sodas, tonic waters and definitely the flavored sparkling waters. I personally can handle the ones with Splenda (sucralose) like the Soda Stream and Mio but not a fan of the aspertame variety like Crystal Light. I don't like it and it doesn't like me, either.
  • Munchy: Thanks for sharing that link to infusion recipes! So many amazing options...
  • Thanks for all of the ideas! Some of those recipies look so good

I'm just trying to drink less of the sweetners. I don't think they're very good for you.
  • I don't like drinking water, it actually gives me heartburn, I can only drink bottled water if it's boiled, which takes a lot of time! I'm currently trying to double filter bottled water through a Britta filter...I'm running out of ideas.

What I do is I drink Pellegrino sparkling mineral water. I go through a liter of it a day. I like the taste on its own, but when I get bored, I add dehydrated orange peels or I add cocktail bitters, like Angostura. There is maybe one calorie in a dash of it. I like the aromatic flavour and the orange flavour. Bitters are good for digestion too.
  • any mix of fruits or vegetables. i like to make water with cucumber and ginger
  • try water with strawberries