going to seamstress for tshirts?

• All my disney tshirts are getting huge on me.they are all Xl and i fit a large perfect.Can i get them taken in to where they will look right?
  • Probably but they can only take them in so far. So you'll probably get one roll of the dice.
  • Tailoring is expensive and I don't waste my money on it for something like a tshirt. I only go to the seamstress for expensive things like formal gowns, pants, jackets and skirts. I would just buy new tshirts. They'll be less expensive than getting the old ones tailored.
  • Probably a waste of time and money. I spent a small fortune trying to hang onto clothes I was fond of--all those things hanging in my closet for years waiting for me to lose weight. When I finally did lose the weight, those things were too big. It took a while for that to sink in--that I was at my healthiest weight for the first time in decades. I was finally able to let go of those clothes. It took a lot of shopping to realize I no longer wear the big sizes and don't need baggy clothes. Then it was a happy thing to let those clothes go.

The altered things never looked right, even with a talented seamstress. You can take something in for maybe 2 sizes at most, but not more than that. I can't imagine a Disney shirt lending itself to being reconstructed successfully. Could you be happy using them as night clothes?
  • Ever think of doing it yourself? I've been very successful at bringing in my own T-shirts. Youtube has some spiffy videos. It's super cheap (kinda fun if you're into that sort of thing) and you generally don't have much to lose if you do it with shirts that are for sure either going to be donated or become night shirts.

You can also get REALLY creative, and take a face of a shirt, patch it around, and make like an entire new shirt. I once made a volunteer shirt become a netted back tank. Looked super cute, and a few of my friends actually asked where I got it and were shocked that I had made it.

Of course, I like sewing. Some people don't. I also mess up a lot, so I only mess with clothes I know I won't miss.
  • I like the ideas that were suggested about altering it yourself. No, it won't be a regular Tshirt, but it will probably be better. If it is a certain shirt that reminds you of a special trip, maybe check on ebay for the same one?
  • The tshirts are my fave and I can't just buy new ones as they were bought in tokyo
  • Oh well, if the tshirts are really special to you and super hard to get again, take them to a seamstress to get an estimate. It may be doable to take them in a bit and worth it.
  • I haven't done it this way, but it looks snazy and easy for first timers. Personally, I'd roll and sew the bottom and pits as well.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYp7ZBsoPtQ
  • Have you considered framing some? I did that with my first half-marathon shirt. That way you can at least preserve it.
  • My mom has turned t-shirts into pillows!